Formerly the Hockley Highlands Inn and Conference Centre, on the East side of 3rd Line Road, Mono, Ontario, south of Dufferin County Road 7 (Hockley Road), opposite the Hockley Valley Resort, is a hotel and conference centre with 5 main buildings on 200 acres (0.81 km2) of forested land sloping towards the Hockley Valley. It has been closed to the public since May 2007.
Originally built in the 1960s by Ontario Hydro for internal corporate use as the Glen Cross Conference and Training Centre. It was sold to Goldman Hotels Inc. in the late 1990s and opened as public hotel, catering mainly to large conferences and local functions such as weddings. In May 2007, it was abruptly closed. From 2003 to 2007, the inn donated space to Theatre Orangeville, which used 5,000 square feet (460 m2) of space for set design, prop storage and rehearsal space.
Niagara Escarpment zoning
The property is located on the Niagara Escarpment and classified as Escarpment Protection Area by the Niagara Escarpment Commission, which limits use and development. In April 2004, an application was made for an amendment to rezone the property to Escarpment Recreation Area, and re-applied for in May 2008.
The main Bruce Trail hiking trail runs through the property, as well as the Peter Beecham Side Trail. A Scientology representative, Angela Ilasi said that they have no plans to alter the existing Bruce Trail.
Unless the AOSH Canada generates any new income, any income that it makes will be subtracted from the income at Flag and AOLA, with the added expense of the Sea Org staff to operate the Advanced Org and hotel.[dox]
CLO in Caledon
After the Toronto Org, the Continental Liaison Office Canada was moved to the former Charleston Residential School at 19646 Kennedy Road Caledon. Since then, this property has been listed for sale at least twice, but it's unconfirmed where the CLO has moved to. An apparently non Scientology-connected drug rehab Addiction Canada moved in sometime in 2013. Initially their site used the real estate photos with pictures of Hubbard, etc, but later changed them. A visit in fall 2014 confirmed that there was an Addiction Canada sign in front of the building. It's possible that some of the Sea Org staff were re-allocated to the Ideal Cambridge Org.[dox]
Someone explored the inside of one of the buildings. (That might be illegal trespassing and is not recommended.)
Gallery of Scientology images
- Hargrave, Mandi (2007-05-24). "After eight years, Hockley Highlands closes its doors". Orangeville Citizen. Retrieved 2014-09-21.
- Currell, Harvey (2007-01-13). "Take the high road: Hockley Valley Highlands Inn is a great place to visit". Sun Media. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- Hargrave, Mandi (2007-05-31). "Hockley Highlands customers left in the dark". Orangeville Citizen. Retrieved 2014-09-21.
- "Hockley Highlands employees paid". Orangeville Citizen. 2007-06-14. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Hargrave, Mandi (2007-07-05). "Theatre looking for new storage, rehearsal space". Orangeville Citizen. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Pelton, Dan (2008-05-29). "Community Living, Theatre Orangeville to share living space". Orangeville Citizen. Retrieved 2009-10-04.
- Robson, Dan (2011-03-15). "Former Orangeville-area resort to become Scientology headquarters". Toronto Star. Retrieved 2011-03-15.
- "Church of Scientology builds new headquarters in Ontario". Macleans. 2011-03-15. Retrieved 2011-10-29.
- "Mono council to hear from Scientologists". Orangeville Banner. 2011-03-28. Retrieved 2011-09-10.
- Pelton, Dan (2011-04-14). "Scientologists appear before Mono council". Orangeville Citizen. Retrieved 2011-09-10.
- "Niagara Escarpment Plan, Map 4". Niagara Escarpment Commission. 2005-06-01. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- The Goldman Group (2008-05-15). "Proposed Niagara Escarpment Plan Amendment, PD 151 04". Niagara Escarpment Commission. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- "Scientology retreat won't alter Bruce Trail". Orangeville Banner. 2011-04-13.
- Vita Novus/Addiction Canada/John Haines at 19646 Kennedy Road Caledon.
- Seto, Chris (September 27, 2017). "Church of Scientology headquarters moving to downtown Guelph". Guelph Mercury. https://www.guelphmercury.com/news-story/7581208-church-of-scientology-headquarters-moving-to-downtown-guelph/. Retrieved September 28, 2017.
- "Urban Exploring Controversial Secret Location". Freaktography. September 2017. http://www.freaktography.com/urban-exploring-controversial-secret-location/. Retrieved April 18, 2018.
- Hockley Highlands Inn website, Archived 2006-01-09.
- Bruce Trail Caledon Hills Section Highlights, Bruce Trail Conservancy.
- Headwaters Country: Southwestern Ontario, Pat Mestern, September 7, 2003.
- Computer-generated simulated fly-through. Church of Scientology.
- Come do your OTs in Canada!
- AOSH Canada
- Post-Game AOSH Canada
- Toronto Star: resort to become CoS headquarters
- Hockley Area Protest Vid
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "AOSH Canada"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
Media in category "AOSH Canada"
The following 15 files are in this category, out of 15 total.
- 3840052617 2d75310289...
- 3840053003 1c8061d796...
- 3840053307 ff10bd640a...
- 3840053989 7c87e99c75...
- 3840842056 347000682c...
- 3840842516 44b90a6dbe...
- 3840842844 d4e4a96035...
- 3840843512 deac0c6cff...
- 3840843864 804f54907c...
- 4084203141 e8aede824a...
- 4084959620 cb510d8670...
- 4084960016 df32731f08...