Category:Accuracy in Media
|Founded||June 17, 1971|
Accuracy In Media (AIM) is an American non-profit news media watchdog founded in 1969 by economist Reed Irvine. AIM describes itself as "a non-profit, grassroots citizens watchdog of the news media that critiques botched and bungled news stories and sets the record straight on important issues that have received slanted coverage." It has been described as having a politically conservative stance.
A minimum of eight separate oil companies are known to have been contributors in the early 80s. Only three donors are given by name: the Allied Educational Foundation (founded and chaired by George Barasch), Shelby Cullom Davis, and billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife. Scaife gave $2 million to Accuracy in Media between 1977 and 1997.
|Updated||July 8, 2018|
|Name||Accuracy In Media Inc|
|Subsection||03 - Charitable Organizations|
|Deductibility||1 - Contributions are deductible.|
|2016||file 990, $2,224,433.00, 03/27/18|
|2015||file 990, $2,577,238.00, 08/11/17|
|2014||file 990, $2,978,637.00, 02/24/16|
|2013||file 990, $3,185,424.00, 01/13/15|
|2012||file 990, $3,633,269.00, 01/23/14|
|2011||file 990, $2,648,944.00, 12/18/12|
|2010||file 990, $3,337,053.00, 09/30/11|
|2009||file 990, $3,705,498.00, 12/22/10|
|2007||file 990, $4,959,958.00, 12/17/08|
- Accuracy in Media article from Wikipedia
- "Follow-Up: Interview With Accuracy in Media Editor Cliff Kincaid", The O'Reilly Factor, Fox News, February 8, 2005. (Transcript available via LexisNexis)
- Stephen Miller, "Reed Irvine, 82, Founded Accuracy in Media", New York Sun, November 18, 2004.
- Douglas Martin, "Murray Baron, 94, Labor Lawyer And Head of Accuracy in Media", The New York Times, September 26, 2002.
- "Defining Bias Downward", Columbia Journalism Review, January/February 2005.
- Steve Rendall. The Fairness Doctrine Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting January/February 2005
- Template:Cite book
- Arkansas Project Led to Turmoil and Rifts Washington Post May 2, 1999; Page A24
Pages in category "Accuracy in Media"
This category contains only the following page.