Andy Cuong Ngo|
1986/1987 (age 35–36)
|Employer||The Post Millennial|
In 2019, Ngo labelled several journalists, including Shane Burley and Alexander Reid Ross, as "antifa ideologues". According to Vox's Zack Beauchamp, Ngo doxed a political activist in 2019 by publishing her full name. Ngo is known for publishing the mugshots of arrestees in Portland to his twitter account.
Ngo's credibility and objectivity as a journalist has been extensively criticized. Since 2019, he has been accused of using selectively edited videos and sharing misleading and inaccurate information to paint antifa activists as violent, and to underplay the violence of the far-right, with Columbia Journalism Review describing Ngo as a "discredited provocateur". Some of Ngo's contentions about antifa have been rated as "false" by fact-checker Politifact. Several sources have declined to refer to Ngo as a "journalist".
- Andy Ngo article from Wikipedia
- Zielinski, Alex (August 26, 2019). "Undercover in Patriot Prayer: Insights From a Vancouver Democrat Who's Been Working Against the Far-Right Group from the Inside". Portland Mercury. https://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/2019/08/26/27039560/undercover-in-patriot-prayer-insights-from-a-vancouver-democrat-whos-been-working-against-the-far-right-group-from-the-inside. Retrieved August 26, 2019.
- Owen, Tess (August 27, 2019). "Super Awkward for Right-Wing Blogger Andy Ngo to Make a Cameo in Video of Plot Against Antifa". Vice News. https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/d3apyv/super-awkward-for-right-wing-blogger-andy-ngo-to-make-a-cameo-in-video-of-plot-against-antifa. Retrieved August 27, 2019.
- Burley, Shane; Ross, Alexander Reid (June 19, 2019). "I was the target of alt-right death threats across the internet – here's what happened next". The Independent. https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/alt-right-antifa-death-threats-doxxing-quillette-a8966176.html.
- Beauchamp, Jack (July 3, 2019). "The assault on conservative journalist Andy Ngo, explained". Vox. https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/7/3/20677645/antifa-portland-andy-ngo-proud-boys. Retrieved August 27, 2019.
- Peel, Sophie (September 16, 2020). "Portland Protesters Say Their Lives Were Upended by the Posting of Their Mug Shots on a Conservative Twitter Account" (in en-US). https://www.wweek.com/news/2020/09/16/portland-protesters-say-their-lives-were-upended-by-the-posting-of-their-mug-shots-on-a-conservative-twitter-account/. Retrieved 2021-02-16.
- Gupta, Arun (August 2019). "Portland's Andy Ngo Is the Most Dangerous Grifter in America". Jacobin Magazine. https://www.jacobinmag.com/2019/08/andy-ngo-right-wing-antifa-protest-portland-bigotry.
- Derysh, Igor (28 August 2019). "Right-wing "journalist" Andy Ngo outed: Video shows him hanging out with far-right hate group". https://www.salon.com/2019/08/28/right-wing-journalist-andy-ngo-outed-video-shows-him-hanging-out-with-far-right-hate-group/. Retrieved 21 January 2021.
- Dalbey, Alex (August 20, 2019). "Edited videos of Portland protests are telling half-truths". https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/antifa-portland-protests-disinformation-propaganda/.
- Hagle, Courtney (August 28, 2019). "Media presented far-right grifter Andy Ngo as a credible journalist. He was just caught covering for far-right extremists as they plan violent attacks.". Media Matters for America. https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/media-presented-far-right-grifter-andy-ngo-credible-journalist-reporting-left-wing.
- Dearment, Alaric (September 3, 2019). "Andy Ngo Is Journalism's Problem". https://abovethelaw.com/2019/09/andy-ngo-is-journalisms-problem/.
- Butler, Grant (December 29, 2019). "Oregon's top 15 newsmakers of 2019". The Oregonian. https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2019/12/oregons-top-15-newsmakers-of-2019.html. Retrieved January 5, 2020.
- Strickland, Patrick (29 September 2020). "Antifa and America's revamped Red Scare". Al Jazeera. https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2020/9/29/antifa-hysteria-americas-revamped-red-scare. "Among the witnesses called to testify were legislators from several states and Andy Ngo, a Portland-based journalist who describes himself as independent and objective but who has been accused of working with far-right groups in the past. Ngo, who last year made headlines when an anti-fascist punched him, has been criticised for sharing misleading and inaccurate information about anti-fascist demonstrators in his hometown."
- Joan Donovan (3 September 2020). "How an overload of riot porn is driving conflict in the streets". https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/09/03/1007931/riot-porn-right-wing-vigilante-propaganda-social-media/. "These narratives have been intensified and supplemented by the work of right-wing adversarial media-makers like Elijah Schaffer and Andy Ngo, who collect videos of conflict at public protests and recirculate them to their online audiences. Both have even gone "undercover" by posing as protesters to capture footage for their channels, seeking to name and shame those marching. Their videos are edited, decontextualized, and shared among audiences hungry for a new fix of "riot porn," which instantly goes viral across the right-wing media ecosystem with the aid of influential pundits and politicians, including President Donald Trump."
- Tovrov, Daniel (23 October 2019). "Dropshipping journalism". https://www.cjr.org/special_report/newsweek.php. Retrieved 18 February 2021. "The space freelancers once occupied has been partially taken up by new, inflammatory opinion writers like Ben Shapiro, Nigel Farage, and Newt Gingrich, who wrote the magazine's May 10 cover story about China. Some of these writers, I'm told, do get paid. Other recent Newsweek writers have included Charlie Kirk, discredited provocateur Andy Ngo, and former Blink-182 frontman Tom DeLonge, who wrote a thinly veiled advertisement for his new TV show about UFOs."
- Venezky, Emily (5 June 2020). "No evidence this man died at hands of an 'antifa murderer'". https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jun/05/facebook-posts/no-evidence-man-died-hands-antifa-murderer/. Retrieved 22 February 2021.
- Dickson, E. J. (3 September 2019). "How a Right-Wing Troll Managed to Manipulate the Mainstream Media". Rolling Stone. https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/andy-ngo-right-wing-troll-antifa-877914/. "Last week, the local newspaper the Portland Mercury reported that a left-wing activist going undercover as a member of Patriot Prayer, a far-right group known for promoting and engaging in violent clashes with leftist activists, had given the publication an 18-minute video that included footage of Ngo with a group of Patriot Prayer members as the members discuss an upcoming brawl, including weaponry to be used in altercations with antifa. Ngo, who describes himself as a journalist, did not record the conversation, and does not appear to have his camera or notebook out. For part of the footage, he is seen on his phone."
- Andy Ngo, RationalWiki.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Harmeet Dhillon (3 P)
Pages in category "Andy Ngo"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.
- Peter Thiel's Free Speech for Race Science Crusade at Cambridge University Revealed - 2021-12-10
- Proud Boys and Allies to Rally in D.C. to Capitalize on 'Trumpstravaganza' - 2019-07-02
- Proud Boys Dwarfed by Anti-Fascist Protesters at Portland Rally - 2019-08-19
- Proud Boys' D.C. Free-Speech Rally Goes Off With a Whimper - 2019-07-06
- Right-wing conspiracists linked antifa to the wildfires. Then they got a boost from Russian media. - 2020-09-12
- Right-wing group sues UBC for cancelling Andy Ngo event - 2020-07-27
- Right-Wing Media Outlets Duped by a Middle East Propaganda Campaign - 2020-07-06
- Right-Wing Star Andy Ngo Exits Quillette After Damning Video Surfaces - 2019-08-27
- Ted Cruz's Hearing on Anarchist Protest Violence Was a Total Farce - 2020-08-05
- The assault on conservative journalist Andy Ngo, explained - 2019-07-03
- The Fascist Underpinnings of Pro-Trump Media: An Interview With Author Jason Stanley - 2020-08-27
- The neo-fascist proud boys organized a "free speech" rally in DC. It flopped. - 2019-07-06
- The Post Millennial: The Latest Canadian Outlet Serving Rage Bait to Far-Right America - 2020-09-10
- The Right, Desperate To Deflect Its Own Extremism, Cries 'Antifa' - 2019-08-20