Category:Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
|Formation||December 15, 1943|
"Yet despite the lab coats and the official-sounding name, the docs of the AAPS are hardly part of mainstream medical society. Think Glenn Beck with an MD. The group (which did not return calls for comment for this story) has been around since 1943. Some of its former leaders were John Birchers, and its political philosophy comes straight out of Ayn Rand. Its general counsel is Andrew Schlafly, son of the legendary conservative activist Phyllis. The AAPS statement of principles declares that it is "evil" and "immoral" for physicians to participate in Medicare and Medicaid, and its journal is a repository for quackery. Its website features claims that tobacco taxes harm public health and electronic medical records are a form of "data control" like that employed by the East German secret police. An article on the AAPS website speculated that Barack Obama may have won the presidency by hypnotizing voters, especially cohorts known to be susceptible to "neurolinguistic programming"—that is, according to the writer, young people, educated people, and possibly Jews."
|Updated||April 29, 2020|
|Name||Association Of American Physicians And Surgeons Inc|
|Deductibility||2 - Contributions are not deductible.|
|2017||file 990O, $886,661.00, 03/21/19|
|2016||file 990O, $963,468.00, 04/12/18|
|2015||file 990O, $1,001,354.00, 03/17/17|
|2014||file 990O, $981,120.00, 01/26/16|
|2013||file 990O, $991,298.00, 03/12/15|
|2012||file 990O, $844,481.00, 03/07/14|
|2011||file 990O, $718,006.00, 03/22/13|
|2010||file 990O, $633,804.00, 04/06/12|
|2009||file 990O, $637,885.00, 03/21/11|
|2008||file 990O, $768,450.00, 04/05/10|
|2007||file 990O, $737,292.00, 02/19/09|
- Association of American Physicians and Surgeons article from Wikipedia
- Mencimer, Stephanie (November 18, 2009). "The Tea Party's Favorite Doctors". Mother Jones. https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2009/11/tea-party-doctors-american-association-physicians-surgeons/. Retrieved April 30, 2020.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Association of American Physicians and Surgeons"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total.
- The new Secretary of Health and Human Services is a member of a fringe medical organization. Here's what that means. - 2016-11-30
- The Opposite of Socialized Medicine - 2020-02-25
- The Rogue Doctors Spreading Right-Wing Conspiracy Theories about Clinton's Health - 2016-09-23
- The Tea Party's Favorite Doctors - 2009-11-18
- The US doctors taking Trump's lead on hydroxychloroquine – despite mixed results - 2020-05-24
- Trump's new CDC Director is very pro-vaccine, but was she also at one time a quack? - 2017-07-10