|Atlas Economic Research Foundation|
The Atlas Network, formerly known as the Atlas Economic Research Foundation, is a nonprofit organization based in the United States. The group aims to promote free-market economic policies across the world. The stated mission of the Atlas Network is "To strengthen the worldwide freedom movement by cultivating a highly effective and expansive network that inspires and incentivizes all committed individuals and organizations to achieve lasting impact." The Atlas Network has awarded grants of over $20 million. Atlas promotes think tanks that support private-property rights, limited government, the rule of law, and market economics. Atlas Network was not named after Ayn Rand's novel Atlas Shrugged.[dox]
As of 2005, Atlas had received $440,000 from ExxonMobil, and has received at least $825,000 USD from the tobacco company Philip Morris. Of Atlas Network partners, 57% in the United States had received funding from the tobacco industry. Atlas has received funding from Koch family foundations.
|Updated||April 10, 2019|
|Name||Atlas Economic Research Foundation|
|Subsection||03 - Charitable Organizations|
|Deductibility||1 - Contributions are deductible.|
|2017||file 990, $7,482,522.00, 09/26/18|
|2016||file 990, $8,388,159.00, 12/11/17|
|2015||file 990, $6,357,430.00, 12/15/16|
|2014||file 990, $6,197,531.00, 07/09/15|
|2013||file 990, $6,978,357.00, 08/21/14|
|2012||file 990, $3,940,368.00, 09/27/13|
|2011||file 990, $3,338,042.00, 12/03/12|
|2010||file 990, $2,812,151.00, 03/08/12|
|2009||file 990, $4,520,364.00, 08/30/10|
|2007||file 990, $5,320,943.00, 09/23/08|
- Atlas Network article from Wikipedia
- "Board of Directors". Atlas Network. http://www.atlasnetwork.org/about/people/board. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- Peck, Jamie (2010). Constructions of Neoliberal Reason. Oxford University Press. ISBN 0191625019.
- "Our Mission". Atlas Network. https://www.atlasnetwork.org/about/our-story. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- Ball, Stephen (2012). Global Education Inc: New Policy Networks and the Neo-liberal Imaginary. Routledge. p. 19–40. ISBN 0415684099.
- "Fighting the war of ideas". Washington Times. June 6, 2004. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2004/jun/6/20040606-112959-9918r/. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Put a Tiger In Your Think Tank" (in en-US). Mother Jones. https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2005/05/put-tiger-your-think-tank. Retrieved 2017-09-22.
- Template:Cite journal
- Fang, Lee (August 9, 2017). "Sphere of Influence: How American Libertarians Are Remaking Latin American Politics". The Intercept. https://theintercept.com/2017/08/09/atlas-network-alejandro-chafuen-libertarian-think-tank-latin-america-brazil/. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- Atlas Network, DeSmogBlog.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Atlas Network"
The following 13 pages are in this category, out of 13 total.
- Canada's Top Hospital Donor Also Funds Right-Wing Groups Working to Dismantle Public Healthcare - 2017-11-14
- Convenient Conspiracy: How Vivian Krause Became the Poster Child for Canada's Anti-Environment Crusade - 2014-11-13
- Corporate welfare, the Koch brothers and being 'authentic': Maxime Bernier in conversation - 2018-09-23