Category:Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape
|Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape|
|Author(s)||Jenna Miscavige Hill|
|Publication date||February 5, 2013|
Jenna Miscavige Hill was raised to obey. As the niece of the Church of Scientology's leader David Miscavige, she grew up at the center of this highly controversial and powerful organization. But at twenty-one, Jenna made a daring break, risking everything she had ever known and loved to leave Scientology once and for all. Now she speaks out about her life, the Church, and her dramatic escape, going deep inside a religion that, for decades, has been the subject of fierce debate and speculation worldwide.
Piercing the veil of secrecy that has long shrouded the world of Scientology, this insider reveals unprecedented firsthand knowledge of the religion, its obscure rituals, and its mysterious leader—David Miscavige. From her prolonged separation from her parents as a small child to being indoctrinated to serve the greater good of the Church, from her lack of personal freedoms to the organization's emphasis on celebrity recruitment, Jenna goes behind the scenes of Scientology's oppressive and alienating culture, detailing an environment rooted in control in which the most devoted followers often face the harshest punishments when they fall out of line. Addressing some of the Church's most notorious practices in startling detail, she also describes a childhood of isolation and neglect—a childhood that, painful as it was, prepared her for a tough life in the Church's most devoted order, the Sea Org.
Despite this hardship, it is only when her family approaches dissolution and her world begins to unravel that she is finally able to see the patterns of stifling conformity and psychological control that have ruled her life. Faced with a heartbreaking choice, she mounts a courageous escape, but not before being put through the ultimate test of family, faith, and love. At once captivating and disturbing, Beyond Belief is an eye-opening exploration of the limits of religion and the lengths to which one woman went to break free.
Pages in category "Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape"
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.
- Jenna Miscavige Hill on her uncle spying on her grandfather: The arrogance is astonishing - 2015-04-09
- Jenna Miscavige Hill on her Uncle, Scientology's Leader: A Bully Too Afraid to Show His Face - 2013-02-05
- Jenna Miscavige on Piers Morgan Tonight, 2/05/2013 - 2013-02-06
- Jenna Miscavige on The View, 2/05/2013 - 2013-02-05
- Scientologist David Miscavige Shocking Secrets Revealed By His Father. (20/20) - 2016-08-29
- Scientology Defectors: A Timeline - 2017-01-30
- Scientology is Obsessed with Getting Books in Libraries - Here Are the Real Stats! - 2013-08-15
- Scientology Leader David Miscavige's Father to Pen Tell-All Book - 2015-07-01
- Scientology Targets Aussie Kindergartners, Swedish Grade Schoolers - 2013-03-08
- Blog: Sea Organization Recommended Reading - 2017-09-21