Category:Center for Immigration Studies
|Formation||January 9, 1986|
|Type||Public policy think tank|
|Headquarters||1629 K Street N.W., Suite 600, Washington, D.C., USA|
The Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) is a non-profit organization "that favors far lower immigration numbers and produces research to further those views."
Founded in 1985 as a spin-off from the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), the center's self-described mission is to provide immigration policymakers, the academic community, news media, and concerned citizens with reliable information about the social, economic, environmental, security, and fiscal consequences of legal and illegal immigration into the United States. The CIS is one of a number of anti-immigration organizations that John Tanton helped found. Tanton is a retired Michigan ophthalmologist who opposed immigration on racial grounds, desired a white ethnic majority in the United States and advocated for eugenics.
Several reports published by the CIS have been disputed by scholars on immigration; a wide range of think tanks; fact-checkers such as PolitiFact, FactCheck.Org, Washington Post, Snopes, CNN and NBC News; and by immigration-research organizations. Critics have accused the CIS of extremist nativist views and for ties to white supremacy groups, which the CIS rejects.
|Updated||June 1, 2020|
|Name||Center For Immigration Studies Inc|
|Subsection||03 - Charitable Organizations|
|Deductibility||1 - Contributions are deductible.|
|2018||.pdf file 990, $0.00, 02/10/20|
|2017||file 990, $3,860,628.00, 02/28/19|
|2016||file 990, $3,688,831.00, 01/12/18|
|2015||file 990, $3,486,275.00, 02/24/17|
|2014||file 990, $3,182,063.00, 01/27/16|
|2013||file 990, $2,707,614.00, 12/29/14|
|2012||file 990, $2,649,757.00, 01/15/14|
|2011||file 990, $1,850,105.00, 12/28/12|
|2010||file 990, $1,934,524.00, 12/09/11|
|2009||file 990, $1,787,771.00, 09/22/10|
|2007||file 990, $1,376,321.00, 09/03/08|
- Center for Immigration Studies article from Wikipedia
- "Fact-Checking the First Night of the Republican National Convention" (in en). NBC News. http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/fact-checking-first-night-republican-national-convention-n612081. Retrieved 2017-03-07.
- DeParle, Jason (April 17, 2011). "The Anti-Immigration Crusader". New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/us/17immig.html.
- "About Us". http://www.cis.org/aboutcis.html.
- Master, Cyra (2017-04-12). "DHS hires incense immigration supporters". TheHill. http://thehill.com/latino/328571-dhs-hires-incense-immigration-supporters. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- Ellis, Emma (January 14, 2017). "Fake Think Takes Fuel Fake News". https://www.wired.com/2017/01/fake-think-tanks-fuel-fake-news-presidents-tweets/. Retrieved March 13, 2018.
- CNN, Maria Santana. "Hard-line anti-illegal immigration advocates hired at 2 federal agencies". http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/11/politics/trump-administration-immigration-advisers/index.html. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- DePARLE, JASON (2011-04-17). "The Anti-Immigration Crusader" (in en-US). The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. https://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/us/17immig.html?pagewanted=all. Retrieved 2018-03-13.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Center for Immigration Studies"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total.
- A radical anti-immigration group infiltrated the GOP. Now it's in the White House. - 2017-05-03
- Anti-immigrant group Colcom Foundation's sponsorship of Holiday Market draws criticism - 2018-11-29
- Anti-Immigration Group Files RICO Suit Against Southern Poverty Law Center Over 'Hate Group' Label - 2019-01-16
- Appeals Court favors release of University of Michigan records of anti-immigrant leader - 2019-07-06
- The Anti-Immigration Crusader - 2011-04-17
- The Dark Legacy of John Tanton, the Anti-Immigration White Nationalist Who Set the Stage for Trump - 2019-07-21
- The Dark Money Behind Campus Speech Wars - 2018-07-09
- This Stunningly Racist French Novel Is How Steve Bannon Explains The World - 2017-03-04
- Times Taps White Nationalist Organization for Thought-Provoking Perspective on Immigration - 2020-01-17
- Trump Adviser Spent a Decade Using Street Gang MS-13 to Justify Anti-Immigrant Agenda. Now It's Happening - 2017-09-15
- Trump's Pick to Run Refugee Program Is a Fellow at Anti-Immigrant Group - 2018-05-25