Charles H. McVety is a Canadian evangelical Christian leader and conservative political activist. He has been the president of Canada Christian College in Toronto since 1993, taking over for his father, and was president of Canada Family Action until 2008. He is perhaps best known for campaigning to repeal the law legalizing same-sex marriage in Canada. McVety played a significant role in helping to elect Doug Ford as the leader of the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario. According to the National Post, McVety will play a significant role on Doug Ford’s campaign team. According to the CBC, Charles McVety is "one of the most powerful leaders of the Christian Right in [Canada]".
- Charles McVety article from Wikipedia
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Institute for Canadian Values (1 C, 12 P)
Pages in category "Charles McVety"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- Demonizing Muslims: To what end? - 2011-08-19
- Doug Ford ally Charles McVety: Teaching creationism in schools "sounds like a good idea" - 2018-05-24
- Doug Ford anointed - literally - by controversial evangelical pastor as part of effort to win social conservatives - 2018-03-08
- Doug Ford Candidate Andrew Lawton Was Previously Suspended for a Homophobic Facebook Post - 2018-05-01
- Doug Ford headlines Christmas concert with controversial evangelical pastor - 2018-12-10
- Doug Ford replaces sex-ed curriculum with old copy of Playboy found in woods - 2018-07-11
- Doug Ford to speak at Christmas event hosted by social conservative Charles McVety - 2018-12-04
- Doug Ford's Pride tomfoolery - 2019-06-05
- Doug Ford, Ontario's LGBTQ community gains an enemy - 2018-03-29
- Scheer's election as Conservative leader cheered by anti-abortion groups - 2017-05-29
- Shul backs out of hosting controversial rule of law conference - 2018-12-13
- Stephen Harper and the Theo-cons - 2006-10-12
- Stephen Harper creates a clear path for Jason Kenney to emerge as next Conservative leader - 2011-12-18