The society logo is
a silhouette of James Madison
|Purpose||To promote the principles that the state exists to preserve freedom, that the separation of governmental powers is central to our constitution, and that it is emphatically the province and duty of the judiciary to say what the law is, not what it should be.|
|Eugene B. Meyer|
Executive Vice President
The Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies, most frequently called the Federalist Society, is an organization of conservatives and libertarians seeking reform of the current American legal system in accordance with a textualist or originalist interpretation of the U.S. Constitution. It is one of the nation's most influential legal organizations. It has played a significant role in moving the national debate to the right on the Second Amendment, campaign finance regulation, state sovereignty, and the Commerce Clause. It plays a central role in networking and mentoring young conservative lawyers.
|Updated||October 2, 2019|
|Name||Federalist Society For Law & Public Policy Studies|
|Subsection||03 - Charitable Organizations|
|Deductibility||1 - Contributions are deductible.|
|2017||file 990, $31,211,664.00, 05/10/19|
|2016||file 990, $30,407,192.00, 03/26/18|
|2015||file 990, $27,551,950.00, 08/09/17|
|2014||file 990, $16,217,366.00, 07/26/16|
|2013||file 990, $12,660,929.00, 05/26/15|
|2012||file 990, $9,071,532.00, 04/22/14|
|2011||file 990, $8,749,884.00, 04/04/13|
|2010||file 990, $7,912,615.00, 02/24/12|
|2009||file 990, $9,778,963.00, 03/09/11|
|2008||file 990, $9,764,864.00, 04/08/10|
|2007||file 990, $9,693,499.00, 03/13/09|
- Federalist Society article from Wikipedia
- "Our Purpose". Federalist Society. http://www.fed-soc.org/aboutus/. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "Background". Federalist Society. http://www.fed-soc.org/aboutus/page/our-background. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- Schwartz, Peter (March 9, 2015). "Wolf at the Door: Antonin Scalia and the Legal Conservative Movement". Huffington Post. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-schwartz/wolf-at-the-door-antonin-_b_6723138.html. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Barnes, Robert (November 21, 2008). "Conservative Federalist Society Can Expect Its Status to Shrink". Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/20/AR2008112003460.html. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Fletcher, Michael (July 29, 2005). "What the Federalist Society Stands For". Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/28/AR2005072801779.html. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- Hollis-Brusky, Amanda (2015). Ideas with Consequences: The Federalist Society and the Conservative Counterrevolution. Oxford University Press. p. 213. ISBN 9780199385539.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Federalist Society"
The following 49 pages are in this category, out of 49 total.
- Canada through Stephen Harper's Eyes - 2011-03-23
- Conservative Federalist Society Can Expect Its Status to Shrink - 2008-11-21
- Conservative Group Behind Kavanaugh Confirmation Has Spent Years Reshaping State and Federal Benches - 2018-09-12
- Conservative nonprofit plans to expand statewide presence - 2015-05-21
- Conservative who argued against Trump's impeachment now calls for it - 2020-07-30
- Here Are the Billionaires Funding Trump's Voter Suppression Lawsuits - 2020-07-31
- Here Are The Corporations And Right-Wing Funders Backing The Education Reform Movement - 2016-04-27
- How a data-backed Christian nationalist machine helped Trump to power - 2020-03-03
- How the Hoover Institution Vacuums Up Big Conservative Bucks - 2015-04-21
- I knew Brett Kavanaugh during his years as a Republican operative. Don't let him sit on the Supreme Court. - 2018-09-07
- I Was a Federal Judge. My Former Colleagues Must Stop Attending Federalist Society Events. - 2019-11-12
- If We Don't Reform the Supreme Court, Nothing Else Will Matter - 2020-02-28
- Inside the New Strategy Group Where Right-Wing Activists and Journalists Coordinate Messaging - 2013-07-25
- Inside the Project Veritas Plan to Steal the Election - 2020-08-03
- Text of Harper's speech - 2005-12-15
- The Council for National Policy: Behind the Curtain - 2016-05-17
- The Federalist Society just became a no-go zone for federal judges - 2019-07-08
- The JCN Story: How to Build a Secretive, Right-Wing Judicial Machine - 2015-03-23
- The Judges Republicans Are Doing It All For - 2019-10-23
- The Koch Brothers are plotting a right-wing takeover of America's judicial system - 2018-02-05
- The Mercers, Trump's Billionaire Megadonors, Ramp Up Climate Change Denial Funding - 2018-01-25
- The post-Christian culture wars - 2019-11-26
- The Secrets of Jay Sekulow - 2005-11-01
- The Secrets of Leonard Leo, the Man Behind Trump's Supreme Court Pick - 2018-07-09
- The Third Federalist Society - 2019-03-27
- Thomas's wife takes on Obama - 2010-07-06
- Trump Had A Bizarre Meeting With Right-Wing Activist Ginni Thomas: Report - 2019-01-26