The society logo is
a silhouette of James Madison
|Purpose||To promote the principles that the state exists to preserve freedom, that the separation of governmental powers is central to our constitution, and that it is emphatically the province and duty of the judiciary to say what the law is, not what it should be.|
|Eugene B. Meyer|
Executive Vice President
The Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies, most frequently called the Federalist Society, is an organization of conservatives and libertarians seeking reform of the current American legal system in accordance with a textualist or originalist interpretation of the U.S. Constitution. It is one of the nation's most influential legal organizations. It has played a significant role in moving the national debate to the right on the Second Amendment, campaign finance regulation, state sovereignty, and the Commerce Clause. It plays a central role in networking and mentoring young conservative lawyers.
|Updated||October 2, 2019|
|Name||Federalist Society For Law & Public Policy Studies|
|Subsection||03 - Charitable Organizations|
|Deductibility||1 - Contributions are deductible.|
|2017||file 990, $31,211,664.00, 05/10/19|
|2016||file 990, $30,407,192.00, 03/26/18|
|2015||file 990, $27,551,950.00, 08/09/17|
|2014||file 990, $16,217,366.00, 07/26/16|
|2013||file 990, $12,660,929.00, 05/26/15|
|2012||file 990, $9,071,532.00, 04/22/14|
|2011||file 990, $8,749,884.00, 04/04/13|
|2010||file 990, $7,912,615.00, 02/24/12|
|2009||file 990, $9,778,963.00, 03/09/11|
|2008||file 990, $9,764,864.00, 04/08/10|
|2007||file 990, $9,693,499.00, 03/13/09|
- Federalist Society article from Wikipedia
- "Our Purpose". Federalist Society. http://www.fed-soc.org/aboutus/. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "Background". Federalist Society. http://www.fed-soc.org/aboutus/page/our-background. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- Schwartz, Peter (March 9, 2015). "Wolf at the Door: Antonin Scalia and the Legal Conservative Movement". Huffington Post. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-schwartz/wolf-at-the-door-antonin-_b_6723138.html. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Barnes, Robert (November 21, 2008). "Conservative Federalist Society Can Expect Its Status to Shrink". Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/20/AR2008112003460.html. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Fletcher, Michael (July 29, 2005). "What the Federalist Society Stands For". Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/28/AR2005072801779.html. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- Hollis-Brusky, Amanda (2015). Ideas with Consequences: The Federalist Society and the Conservative Counterrevolution. Oxford University Press. p. 213. ISBN 9780199385539.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Federalist Society"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- Text of Harper's speech - 2005-12-15
- The Federalist Society just became a no-go zone for federal judges - 2019-07-08
- The Judges Republicans Are Doing It All For - 2019-10-23
- The Koch Brothers are plotting a right-wing takeover of America's judicial system - 2018-02-05
- The post-Christian culture wars - 2019-11-26
- The Third Federalist Society - 2019-03-27