Grover Norquist in September 2011.
Grover Glenn Norquist|
October 19, 1956
Sharon, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Harvard College (A.B.)|
Harvard Business School (M.B.A.)
|Organization||Americans for Tax Reform|
|Home town||Weston, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Board member of||National Rifle Association, American Conservative Union|
|Spouse(s)||Samah Alrayyes Norquist|
|Relatives||David Norquist (brother)|
Grover Glenn Norquist (born October 19, 1956) is an American political activist and tax reduction advocate who is founder and president of Americans for Tax Reform, an organization that opposes all tax increases. A Republican, he is the primary promoter of the "Taxpayer Protection Pledge", a pledge signed by lawmakers who agree to oppose increases in marginal income tax rates for individuals and businesses, as well as net reductions or eliminations of deductions and credits without a matching reduced tax rate. Prior to the November 2012 election, the pledge was signed by 95% of all Republican members of Congress and all but one of the candidates running for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.
- Grover Norquist article from Wikipedia
- David Skolnick (November 18, 2012). "Anti-tax pledge author: Romney failed to connect". The Vindicator. http://www.vindy.com/news/2012/nov/18/anti-tax-pledge-author-romney-failed-to-/?print. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- "ACU: Board of Directors". The American Conservative Union. http://www.conservative.org/about-acu/board-of-directorsstaff/. Retrieved November 27, 2011.
- "Grover Norquist From HarperCollins Publishers". HarperCollins Publishers. http://www.harpercollins.com/authors/31076/Grover_Norquist/index.aspx. Retrieved November 7, 2009.
- The Pledge: Grover Norquist's hold on the GOP cbsnews.com . November 20, 2011
- "Who is Grover Norquist?". Americans for Tax Reform. http://www.atr.org/about-grover. Retrieved November 8, 2012.
- Howard Fineman (August 21, 2011). "It's Grover Time: Huntsman Rejects No-Tax Pledge, Pawlenty Waivers". The Huffington Post. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/21/grover-norquist-jon-huntsman-tim-pawlenty-no-tax-pledge_n_881857.html. Retrieved November 8, 2012.
Pages in category "Grover Norquist"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- Watch Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse school Amy Coney Barrett on dark money - 2020-10-13
- Weaponized Philanthropy: Document Trove Details Bradley Foundation's Efforts to Build Right-Wing "Infrastructure" - 2017-05-05
- What the Union Fight is Really About: Defunding the Left - 2011-03-25
- Why Are Conservatives Trying to Destroy the Voting Rights Act? - 2013-02-06