O'Keefe at the 2016 Conservative Political Action Conference.
James Edward O'Keefe III|
June 28, 1984
Bergen County, New Jersey, U.S.
|Residence||Westwood, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Education||B.A. in Philosophy (2006)|
|Alma mater||Rutgers University|
|Occupation||Conservative filmmaker and activist|
|Known for||Activism, videography|
|Notable work(s)||Hidden camera videos of ACORN workers (2009), NPR videos (2011), Presidential Election videos (2016)|
James Edward O'Keefe III is an American conservative political activist. He produces secretly recorded undercover audio and video encounters with figures and workers in academic, governmental and social service organizations, purporting to show abusive or allegedly illegal behavior by employees and/or representatives of those organizations. He has been criticized for selectively editing videos to misrepresent the context of conversations and the subjects' responses, creating the false impression that people said or did things they did not.
- James O'Keefe article from Wikipedia
- Rutenberg, Jim; Robertson, Campbell (January 30, 2010). "High Jinks to Handcuffs for Landrieu Provocateur". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/31/us/politics/31landrieu.html?pagewanted=all. Retrieved October 3, 2010.
- Weigel, David (October 19, 2016). "Two local Democratic operatives lose jobs after video sting on voter fraud". Chicago Tribune. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-video-sting-democratic-operatives-james-okeefe-20161019-story.html. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- Cassidy, John (October 19, 2016). "Debate Preview: Trump Looks Set to Rant to the Bitter End". The New Yorker. http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/debate-preview-trump-looks-set-to-rant-to-the-bitter-end. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- FUND, JOHN (September 21, 2009). "Acorn Who?" (in en-US). Wall Street Journal. https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970204488304574427041636360388. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- Andrew Breitbart and James O'Keefe Ruined Him, and Now He Gets $100,000. Friedersdorf, Conor. The Atlantic, March 8, 2013
- David Folkenflik, "Elements Of NPR Gotcha Video Taken Out Of Context", npr.org, March 14, 2011; accessed February 24, 2015.
- "The Twisty, Bent Truth of the NPR-Sting Video", time.com, March 13, 2011.
- Everything We Know About the Latest James O'Keefe Video Sting, Time, Philip Elliott, October 18, 2016
- James O'Keefe, SourceWatch.
Pages in category "James O'Keefe"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- President Trump's Favorite Meme Maker, Carpe Donktum, Was Briefly Suspended From Twitter Due To A Copyright Claim From Universal Music Group - 2019-10-14
- Project Veritas received $1.7 million last year from charity associated with the Koch brothers - 2017-12-02
- Project Veritas' YouTube sting was deeply misleading - and successful - 2019-06-27
- Project Veritas: how fake news prize went to rightwing group beloved by Trump - 2017-11-29
- Provocateur James O'Keefe Has More Ambush Videos On Key Senate Races, He Tells Secretive GOP Donor Confab - 2018-10-18
- Rebel Media Correspondent Arrested For Disrupting Julius Caesar In Central Park - 2017-06-18
- Rebel Media Loses Another High-Profile Contributor - 2017-09-26
- Right-Wing Activist Accepts Award From Clarence Thomas's Wife at Trump Hotel - 2017-12-06
- Right-Wing Sting Group Project Veritas Is Breaking Facebook's "Authentic Behavior" Rule. Now What? - 2019-06-11
- Tampa Bay Republicans will host Project Veritas grifter Cary Poarch this month - 2020-01-08
- The Conservative Dark-Money Groups Infiltrating Campus Politics - 2017-03-29
- Time Inc. Buyer Helped Koch Brothers Airbrush Their Image Across the Internet - 2017-12-01
- Trump Foundation funding of James O'Keefe was twice as much as previously reported, per new filings - 2017-11-28
- Trump Is Having a Troll Party at the White House. Here's Who's Coming. - 2019-07-11
- Trump pushes government action against 'terrible bias' at social media summit - 2019-07-11
- Trump's social media summit was a circus. Its aftermath was even worse. - 2019-07-12
- Twitter Tried to Curb Abuse. Now It Has to Handle the Backlash - 2018-01-16