Category:John Birch Society
|Formation||December 9, 1958|
The John Birch Society (JBS) is an extreme right-wing organization founded by candy manufacturer Robert W. Welch, Jr. in 1958 as a last line of defense against the massively ongoing, clandestine Communist takeover of the United States. An early book by Welch, The Politician, became controversial after it became widely known that an early manuscript included the accusation that President Dwight Eisenhower was a "conscious, dedicated agent of the Communist conspiracy."
- John Birch Society article from Wikipedia
- Webb, Clive. Rabble rousers: the American far right in the civil rights era. Athens, GA: University of Georgia Press, 2010 ISBN 0820327646 p. 10
Bernstein, Richard (May 21, 2007). "The JFK assassination and a '60s leftist prism Letter from America". International Herald Tribune (Paris): p. 2.
Jordan, Ida Kay (August 26, 2001). "Voters Admired N.C. Senator's Independent Streak, Southern Charm". The Virginian-Pilot (Norfolk, Va.): p. J.1.
Brinkley, Douglas (February 10, 1997). "The Right Choice for the C.I.A.". The New York Times: p. A.15.
- John Birch Society, RationalWiki.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "John Birch Society"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- How a QAnon-Backing Hormone Doctor Financed 2020's Craziest, Scariest Election Conspiracy - 2020-12-18
- How Canada made the Koch brothers rich - 2015-05-04
- How Charles Koch Is Helping Neo-Confederates Teach College Students - 2018-03-21
- How QAnon is attracting cops - 2020-09-28
- Hubbard's 'Brainwashing Manual' - how a crude Scientology hoax became a far-right touchstone - 2018-02-21
- Blog: Hubbard's 1960's Bizarre Vision for the Global Economy - 2018-04-11
- The Big Money Behind the Big Lie - 2021-08-02
- The Council for National Policy: Behind the Curtain - 2016-05-17
- The Koch Brothers' Covert Ops - 2010-08-23
- The Secrets of Charles Koch's Political Ascent - 2016-01-18
- The Tea Party's Favorite Doctors - 2009-11-18
- Trump's new CDC Director is very pro-vaccine, but was she also at one time a quack? - 2017-07-10
- Weaponized Philanthropy: Document Trove Details Bradley Foundation's Efforts to Build Right-Wing "Infrastructure" - 2017-05-05
- When Tony Abbott and Peta Credlin share billing with radical far-right figures, we should be concerned - 2019-08-09
- Who Is Behind the National Right to Work Committee and its Anti-Union Crusade? - 2014-06-03
- William F. Buckley and the Birchers: A myth, a history lesson and a moral - 2021-04-03
- William Regnery II, Reclusive Millionaire Who Financed American Fascists, Dead At 80 - 2021-07-16