|Formation||July 29, 1994|
Judicial Watch (JW) is an American conservative activist group and self-styled watchdog group that files Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuits to investigate alleged misconduct by government officials.
Founded in 1994, JW has primarily targeted Democrats, in particular the Clinton administration, the Obama administration, and Hillary Clinton, although it has sued Republicans as well including the administration of George W. Bush. It has also filed lawsuits against government climate scientists; Judicial Watch has described climate science as "fraud science". The group has made numerous false and unsubstantiated claims, which have been picked up by right-wing news outlets. Most of its lawsuits have been dismissed.
Judicial Watch has an annual budget of about $35 million. Between 1997 and 2002 Judicial Watch received $7,069,500 in 19 grants from a handful of foundations. The bulk of this funding came from three foundations: the Sarah Scaife Foundation, a funder of politically conservative causes; The Carthage Foundation, which merged into the Sarah Scaife Foundation in 2014; and the John M. Olin Foundation, Inc., another conservative foundation which folded in 2005. As of 2010, the Sarah Scaife Foundation was the group's largest contributor.
|Updated||April 29, 2020|
|Name||Judicial Watch Inc|
|Subsection||03 - Charitable Organizations|
|Deductibility||1 - Contributions are deductible.|
|2018||file 990, $113,273,603.00, 08/30/19|
|2017||file 990, $92,365,593.00, 09/12/18|
|2016||file 990, $66,658,790.00, 10/17/17|
|2015||file 990, $49,452,511.00, 12/22/16|
|2014||file 990, $38,432,915.00, 07/09/15|
|2013||file 990, $29,494,983.00, 10/21/14|
|2012||file 990, $25,044,926.00, 06/26/13|
|2011||file 990, $20,318,600.00, 07/18/12|
|2010||file 990, $18,219,800.00, 08/05/11|
|2009||file 990, $13,000,659.00, 07/16/10|
|2008||file 990, $9,899,322.00, 10/02/09|
|2007||file 990, $12,802,698.00, 07/17/08|
- Freedom Watch
- Tom Fitton article from Wikipedia
- Judicial Watch article from Wikipedia
- Groundswell group article from Wikipedia
- Mahler, Jonathan (October 12, 2016). "Group's Tactic on Hillary Clinton: Sue Her Again and Again". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/us/politics/judicial-watch-hillary-clinton.html.
- Leary, Alex. "Rep. Gaetz calls McCabe firing 'wholly justified'". http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/03/19/rep-gaetz-calls-mccabe-firing-wholly-justified/.
- Singman, Brooke (March 5, 2018). "Judicial Watch sues DOJ for Bruce and Nellie Ohr records related to Fusion GPS, anti-Trump dossier". http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/05/judicial-watch-sues-doj-for-bruce-and-nellie-ohr-records-related-to-fusion-gps-anti-trump-dossier.html.
- Lord, Rich (October 25, 2014). "Scaife-related foundations poised to take bigger stage". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. http://www.post-gazette.com/local/2014/10/25/Scaife-related-foundations-poised-to-take-bigger-stage/stories/201410250058.
- "The Carthage Foundation". Scaife Foundations. http://www.scaife.com/carthage.html.
- John M. Miller (April 6, 2005). "Foundation's End The last days of John M. Olin's conservative fortune". National Review. http://old.nationalreview.com/miller/miller200504060758.asp. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- Stephen Lemons. "Richard Mellon Scaife's Cash Pays For Judicial Watch's Ideologically Motivated Lawsuits". Phoenix New Times. http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2010-12-23/news/richard-mellon-scaife-s-cash-pays-for-judicial-watch-s-ideologically-motivated-lawsuits/.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Judicial Watch"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- Trump accuses Google of 2016 election fraud, citing right-wing conspiracy site - 2019-08-19
- Trump campaign adviser floats false birther theory about Kamala Harris' eligibility for vice president - 2020-08-14
- Trump Is Back to Waging War on Science, at the Worst Possible Moment - 2020-03-23
- Trump tweets out bonkers conspiracy theory that Google 'manipulated' up to 16 million votes for Hillary Clinton - 2019-08-19
- Trump's Antifa Fearmongering Looks Like Pure Fantasy - 2020-06-10
- Trump's case against mail-in voting has become increasingly desperate. His latest briefing showed it. - 2020-04-09
- Trump's Disgraced Body Man Now Leads White House's New Purge - 2020-04-10
- Trumpsters Are Already Revolting Against COVID Contact Tracing - 2020-05-25