Category:Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms
|817174865 RR 0001|
The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms (JCCF) is
an American a Canadian conservative legal advocacy organization specializing in the First Amendment Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. The organization describes itself as non-partisan but it has partnered with several right-wing backers in the United States, including funding by the Koch Atlas Network. Based in Calgary, Alberta, the organization was founded in 2010 by John Carpay, a former Alberta provincial director of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation and a former candidate of the federal Reform Party and provincial Wildrose Party who later joined the United Conservative Party.
- Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms article from Wikipedia
- Dobbin, Murray (2015). "Canada's Progressive Politics Need Renewal". In Finn, Ed. Canada After Harper. Toronto: James Lorimer & Company. p. 294. ISBN 978-1-4594-0943-9.
- Climenhaga, David (2018). "The Wealthy U.S. Libertarians Supporting Canada's Right-Wing Think-Tanks". Ottawa: Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives. pp. 8–9. ISSN 1198-497X. https://www.policyalternatives.ca/sites/default/files/uploads/publications/National%20Office/2018/09/CCPA%20Monitor%20Sept%20Oct%202018%20WEB.pdf. Retrieved 19 November 2018.
- Appel, Jeremy (17 November 2018). "Kenney Must Take Right-Wing Extremism More Seriously". Medicine Hat News (Medicine Hat, Alberta: Continental Newspapers). https://medicinehatnews.com/commentary/opinions/2018/11/17/kenney-must-take-right-wing-extremism-more-seriously/. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- Climenhaga, David (5 July 2018). "What Does the Canadian Taxpayers Federation Get from Its Right-Wing US Partner?". The Tyee (Vancouver). https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2018/07/05/Canadian-Taxpayers-Federation-Get/. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- "Dark Money in Conservative Politics: The Shadowy American Nonprofit Bankrolling Canada's Conservative Movement". North99. February 8, 2018. https://north99.org/2018/02/08/dark-money-conservative-politics-shadowy-american-nonprofit-bankrolling-canadas-conservative-movement/. Retrieved April 28, 2019.
- Simpson, Kaitlyn (13 February 2017). "Inside the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms". The Varsity (Toronto). https://thevarsity.ca/2017/02/13/inside-the-justice-centre-for-constitutional-freedoms/. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- "John Carpay". Montreal: MEI. http://www.iedm.org/844-john-carpay. Retrieved 19 November 2018.
- History of Federal Ridings Since 1867, accessed 22 May 2014, http://www.parl.gc.ca/About/Parliament/FederalRidingsHistory/hfer.asp?Include=&Language=E&rid=877&Search=Det
- Candidates by Party, accessed 22 May 2014, http://results.elections.ab.ca/wtPartyCandidatesWAP.htm?
- Rieger, Sarah (11 November 2018). "Calgary Lawyer Challenging Gay–Straight Alliance Bill Compares Pride Flags to Swastikas". CBC News. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/john-carpay-pride-flags-swastikas-1.4901229. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Jonathan Allen (empty)
- ► John Carpay (29 P)
- ► Barbara Kay (22 P)
- ► Troy Lanigan (14 P)
- ► Bruce Pardy (empty)
Pages in category "Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms"
The following 39 pages are in this category, out of 39 total.
- A disturbing anti-Muslim element creeps into racism debate in the Jewish community - 2018-12-10
- A lesson in reaction to John Carpay's rainbow flag comparison: the cross does not justify lunacy - 2018-11-15
- Andrew Scheer and the anti-abortion movement in Canada - 2018-01-27
- Anti-abortion group takes Edmonton to court over refusing bridge light colours - 2019-10-08
- Calgary lawyer challenging gay-straight alliance bill compares pride flags to swastikas - 2018-11-11
- Campus clash: Students battle over what constitutes free speech - 2017-04-18
- Canada's Top Hospital Donor Also Funds Right-Wing Groups Working to Dismantle Public Healthcare - 2017-11-14
- Canada, your Islamophobia is showing - 2019-04-17
- Conservative MP Accepts Endorsement From Far-Right Anti-Gay Preacher at Rebel Media Event - 2018-11-14
- Conservative Witness for 'Online Hate' Hearing Was a Recent Guest on a White Nationalist's YouTube Channel - 2019-06-03
- Critics say UCP government subverting review of act that gave ministers sweeping powers - 2020-06-27
- Far-Right Dark Money: How Rebel Media and the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms Promote Rightwing Causes - 2018-01-28
- Free Speech Club takes UBC to court for cancellation of Andy Ngo event - 2020-01-13
- Freedom of Speech group criticizes UBC for charging Jenn Smith backers 'security fees' - 2019-07-13