1965 (age 55–56)|
Northport, New York, U.S.
|Education||Cornell University (BA, JD)|
Leo has led campaigns to support the Supreme Court nominations of John Roberts, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh. In 2017 (before Justice Kavanaugh's appointment and confirmation), legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin wrote that Leo was "responsible, to a considerable extent, for one third of the justices on the Supreme Court." Leo described himself in 2019 as "a leader of the conservative legal movement."
- Leonard Leo article from Wikipedia
- "Leonard A. Leo". Federalist Society. http://www.fed-soc.org/publications/author/leonard-a-leo. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "How One Man Brought Justices Roberts, Alito And Gorsuch To The Supreme Court" (in en). https://www.npr.org/2017/04/12/523495201/how-one-man-brought-justices-roberts-alito-and-gorsuch-to-the-supreme-court. Retrieved 2019-06-10.
- "A conservative activist's behind-the-scenes campaign to remake the nation's courts". The Washington Post. 2019. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/investigations/leonard-leo-federalists-society-courts/.
- Leonard Leo, SourceWatch.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Leonard Leo"
The following 45 pages are in this category, out of 45 total.
- Conservative 'dark money' network rebranded to push voting restrictions before 2020 election - 2020-05-27
- Conservative dark money group plans to spend more than $2 million to boost Trump's Supreme Court pick - 2020-09-21
- Conservative Group Behind Kavanaugh Confirmation Has Spent Years Reshaping State and Federal Benches - 2018-09-12
- Conservative nonprofit plans to expand statewide presence - 2015-05-21
- Secretive conservative legal group funded by $17 million mystery donor before Kavanaugh fight - 2019-05-17
- Senators demand records on dark money ties to court appointments - 2020-03-12
- Snapshot of Secret Funding of Amicus Briefs Tied to Leonard Leo–Federalist Society Leader, Promoter of Amy Barrett - 2020-10-11
- Susan Collins Cast the Crucial Vote for Brett Kavanaugh. His Biggest Backers Returned the Favor. - 2020-07-01
- The Conservative Pipeline to the Supreme Court - 2017-04-10
- The Federalist Society just became a no-go zone for federal judges - 2019-07-08
- The JCN Story: How to Build a Secretive, Right-Wing Judicial Machine - 2015-03-23
- The Koch network's integrated strategy for social transformation - 2018-10-26
- The Secrets of Jay Sekulow - 2005-11-01
- The Secrets of Leonard Leo, the Man Behind Trump's Supreme Court Pick - 2018-07-09
- The Third Federalist Society - 2019-03-27
- This Moment Exposed the Extremists Standing Behind Amy Coney Barrett - 2020-10-14
- Thomas's wife takes on Obama - 2010-07-06
- Trump Releases List Of Supreme Court Nominee Picks - 2020-09-09
- Trump's Supreme Court Wishlist Won't Work This Time - 2020-09-10