|Formation||March 17, 1937|
|“||Started in 1937 by textile magnate Wickliffe Draper, the Pioneer Fund's original mandate was to pursue "race betterment" by promoting the genetic stock of those "deemed to be descended predominantly from white persons who settled in the original thirteen states prior to the adoption of the Constitution."||”|
The 1937 incorporation documents of the Pioneer Fund list two purposes. The first, modeled on the Nazi Lebensborn breeding program, was aimed at encouraging the propagation of those "descended predominantly from white persons who settled in the original thirteen states prior to the adoption of the Constitution of the United States and/or from related stocks, or to classes of children, the majority of whom are deemed to be so descended". Its second purpose was to support academic research and the "dissemination of information, into the 'problem of heredity and eugenics'" and "the problems of race betterment". The Pioneer Fund argues the "race betterment" has always referred to the "human race" referred to earlier in the sentence, and critics argue it referred to racial groups. The document was amended in 1985 and the phrase changed to "human race betterment."
The Pioneer Fund supported the distribution of a eugenics film titled Erbkrank ("Hereditary Defective" or "Hereditary Illness") which was published by the pre-war 1930s Nazi Party. William Draper obtained the film from the predecessor to the Nazi Office of Racial Policy (Rassenpolitisches Amt) prior to the founding of the Pioneer Fund. According to the Pioneer Fund site, all founders capable of doing so participated in the war against the Nazis.[dox]
|Updated||November 4, 2019|
|Name||Pioneer Fund Inc|
|Subsection||03 - Charitable Organizations|
|Deductibility||1 - Contributions are deductible.|
|2018||file 990PF, $251,750.00, 07/10/19|
|2017||file 990PF, $206,665.00, 12/12/18|
|2016||file 990PF, $158,313.00, 06/19/17|
|2015||file 990PR, $0.00, 05/16/17|
|2014||file 990PF, $94,336.00, 06/02/15|
|2013||file 990PF, $127,480.00, 04/21/14|
- Pioneer Fund article from Wikipedia
- Mankind Quarterly article from Wikipedia
- Wickliffe Draper article from Wikipedia
- "Pioneer Fund". Southern Poverty Law Center. https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/pioneer-fund.
- Crawford, James (1993). Hold Your Tongue: Bilingualism and the Politics of 'English Only'. Addison Wesley. ISBN 978-0-201-62479-3.
- Template:Cite journal
- Tucker, William H. (2007). The funding of scientific racism: Wickliffe Draper and the Pioneer Fund. University of Illinois Press. ISBN 978-0-252-07463-9. Lay summary (26 July 2013).
- "Founders and Former Directors". Pioneer Fund. Archived from the original on 2012-11-30. https://web.archive.org/web/20121130130929/http://www.pioneerfund.org/Founders.html. Retrieved July 16, 2006.
- Pioneer Fund, Southern Poverty Law Center.
- Walter P. Kistler Becomes Sole Donor to the Racist Pioneer Fund, May 20, 2008, Southern Poverty Law Center.
- Pioneer Fund, SourceWatch.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Californians for Population Stabilization (2 C, 3 P)
- ► Wickliffe Draper (1 P)
- ► Thomas Ellis (1 P)
- ► Aurelio Jose Figueredo (1 P)
- ► Arthur Jensen (2 P)
- ► Richard Lynn (7 P)
- ► Philippe Rushton (4 P)
- ► Richard Spencer (2 C, 124 P)
Pages in category "Pioneer Fund"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.