|Formation||January 25, 2010|
PragerU (Prager "University") is a 501(c)3 non-profit conservative digital media organization that creates videos on various topics from a conservative perspective. The videos are posted on Youtube, and usually feature a speaker who gives a mini-lecture for about five minutes. PragerU is not an academic institution and does not offer certifications or diplomas.
PragerU was founded in 2009 by conservative radio talk show host Dennis Prager and radio producer and screenwriter Allen Estrin, in order to present his conservative views and to offset what he regards as the undermining of college education by the left. Much of PragerU's early funding came from the fracking billionaire Wilks brothers. The organization has a $10 million annual budget, of which it spends more than 40% on marketing.
|Updated||October 2, 2019|
|Name||Prager University Foundation|
|Subsection||03 - Charitable Organizations|
|Deductibility||1 - Contributions are deductible.|
|2018||file 990, $15,788,191.00, 06/07/19|
|2017||file 990, $8,382,392.00, 11/21/18|
|2016||file 990, $5,853,963.00, 12/28/17|
|2015||file 990, $3,590,491.00, 01/04/17|
|2013||file 990, $1,922,383.00, 12/29/14|
|2012||file 990, $1,397,184.00, 12/04/13|
|2011||file 990, $1,332,330.00, 12/21/12|
|2010||file 990, $1,489,811.00, 09/09/11|
- "YouTube restricts access to Alan Dershowitz video". Boston Globe, Hiawatha Bray October 14, 2016
- Madaline Donnelly (November 4, 2015). "How Dennis Prager's Conservative Online University Reaches Millions". http://dailysignal.com/2015/11/04/how-dennis-pragers-conservative-online-university-reaches-millions/.
- "Warning: This Article Is Educational". Wall Street Journal. October 19, 2016. https://www.wsj.com/articles/warning-this-article-is-educational-1476918851.
- Hiawatha Bray (October 14, 2016). "YouTube restricts access to Dershowitz video". The Boston Globe. https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2016/10/14/youtube-restricts-access-dershowitz-video/BpnEzzb6VS2U3VZU0tetlI/story.html. Retrieved August 28, 2017.
- Lisa Klug (June 14, 2017). "Super-conservative PragerU aims to arm pro-Israel students for their campus 'wastelands'". The Times of Israel. http://www.timesofisrael.com/super-conservative-prageru-aims-to-arm-pro-israel-students-for-their-campus-wastelands/. Retrieved August 28, 2017.
- Bernstein, Joseph. "How PragerU Quietly Became One Of The Right's Loudest VoicesHow PragerU Is Winning The Right Wing Culture War Without Donald Trump" (in en). https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/prager-university. Retrieved 2018-03-12.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "PragerU"
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.
- A Perennial Congressional Candidate Beloved by Trump World Was Just Arrested on Stalking Charges - 2019-12-09
- America's Biggest Christian Charity Funnels Tens of Millions to Hate Groups - 2019-03-19
- Anti-Abortion Group Recruits High School Students to Vote in Nominations for Andrew Scheer's Conservatives - 2019-06-12