|Type||Far-right men's organization|
Proud Boys is a far-right men's organization with presences in the United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom. It was founded in 2016 by Vice Media co-founder and former commentator Gavin McInnes. McInnes describes the group as a "pro-Western fraternal organization" for men who "refuse to apologize for creating the modern world." Proud Boys has been described as both alt-right and alt-lite,  but although McInnes has denied the group is alt-right  is it one is is one of the few such groups still strongly active after a year in which the broader movement has been battered by lawsuits, deplatforming, and infighting.
The group takes its name from the showtune "Proud of Your Boy," a song cut from the Disney film Aladdin, in which the title character apologizes to his mother. The group has Fight Club-style initiations. Their unofficial uniform is khaki shorts and Fred Perry polo shirts.
- Proud Boys article from Wikipedia
- Mike Carter, Seattle police wary of May Day violence between pro- and anti-Trump groups, Seattle Times (May 1, 2017).
- Colleen Long, 11 arrests at NYU protest over speech by 'Proud Boys' leader, Associated Press (February 3, 2017): "a far-right men's organization"
- Tasker, John Paul. "Head of Canada's Indigenous veterans group hopes Proud Boys don't lose their CAF jobs". CBC. http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/indigenous-veterans-group-proud-boys-1.4191749. Retrieved July 6, 2017.
- Paige St. John & Veronica Rocha, Conservative and alt-right groups gather for 'free speech' rally in Berkeley, Los Angeles Times (April 27, 2017): "far right group Proud Boys..."
- "-='Proud Boys' back in Canada military after crashing indigenous ceremony". BBC News. 31 August 2017. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41116175.
- Gilbert, Simon (30 July 2017). "Right wing activist warns people to avoid "immigrant city" Coventry which he claims is "awful"". Coventry Telegraph. https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-immigration-right-wing-mcinnes-13400542. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Vetting Groups and Portals". Proud Boys. http://proudboysusa.com/joinus/. Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- Osnos, Evan (February 6, 2017). "Trump Supporters at the DeploraBall". The New Yorker. http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/02/06/trump-supporters-at-the-deploraball. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- Andrew Marantz, The Alt-Right Branding War Has Torn the Movement in Two, The New Yorker (July 6, 2017).
- "The fratty Proud Boys are the alt right's weirdest new phenomenon". Medium.com. https://medium.com/@willsommer/the-fratty-proud-boys-are-the-alt-rights-weirdest-new-phenomenon-7572b31e50f2. Retrieved March 10, 2017.
- Woodhouse, Leighton Akio (21 September 2017). "AFTER CHARLOTTESVILLE, THE AMERICAN FAR RIGHT IS TEARING ITSELF APART". The Intercept. https://theintercept.com/2017/09/21/gavin-mcinnes-alt-right-proud-boys-richard-spencer-charlottesville/. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- Barnes, Luke (2018-08-17). "Sheriff’s deputy fired after social media posts reveal ties to far-right Proud Boys: Brian Green was determined to have violated the department's social media policy.". https://thinkprogress.org/sheriffs-deputy-fired-for-being-part-of-far-right-proud-boys-group-3d445cbbaf57/. Retrieved 2018-10-11.
- Disser, Nicole (July 28, 2016). Gavin McInnes and his Proud Boys want to make white men great again. Bedfordandbowery.com
- Jake Woolf (July 11, 2017). "Fred Perry Wants Alt-Right Bros to Stop Wearing Their Polos". GQ. https://www.gq.com/story/fred-perry-wants-alt-right-bros-to-stop-wearing-their-polos.
This category has the following 19 subcategories, out of 19 total.
- ► Jason Cardona (1 P)
- ► Jacob Engels (1 P)
- ► Donovon Flippo (2 P)
- ► Joey Gibson (5 P)
- ► Shaun Hufton (1 P)
- ► Graham Jorgensen (1 P)
- ► Gavin McInnes (1 C, 72 P)
- ► Ethan Nordean (2 P)
- ► Rey Perez (1 P)
- ► Erin Willey (1 P)
- ► Milo Yiannopoulos (61 P)
- ► Tyler Ziolkowski (1 P)
Pages in category "Proud Boys"
The following 83 pages are in this category, out of 83 total.
- A far-right primer: From extremist preachers to combat-ready Islamophobes - 2019-06-28
- A splintered movement: How the far-right found a foothold on campus - 2019-04-20
- Alberta United Conservative Leadership Candidate: Rebel Media is 'Defending Nazis' - 2017-08-13
- All Ontario universities must develop free speech policies, says provincial government - 2018-09-10
- Andrew Scheer Joins White Nationalist Faith Goldy, Hate Group Members to Endorse Yellow Vests Convoy - 2019-02-19
- As Far-Right Violence Surges, Ted Cruz Seeks To Brand Antifa A Terrorist Organization - 2019-07-21
- Atlantic Canada's alt-right fringe - 2019-08-09
- Debunking Ford's doublespeak - 2019-03-17
- Dershowitz Received $120K from Anti-Muslim Gatestone Institute - 2018-11-15
- Di Franco, U of O Students for Free Speech exec, claims $150,000 in damages - 2019-03-02
- Did a Far-Right Star Recruit Jacob Wohl to Terrorize Women? - 2019-08-12
- Did Doug Ford consult any students for his "For the Students" plan? - 2019-01-19
- Doug Ford Stands Behind This Photo He Took With a Group of Extremely Racist White Nationalists - 2018-09-24
- Doug Ford's History Of Flirting With the Alt-Right and White Nationalists - 2018-09-24
- Doug Ford, Jason Kenney Endorse Anti-Immigrant, Far-Right Yellow Vests Convoy - 2019-02-17
- Facebook bans several Canadians for supporting white nationalism as Ottawa eyes new regulations for social platforms - 2019-04-08
- Far Right Proud Boys Attempt to Menace Critic With Late-Night Threat - 2019-07-29
- Far-right 'Proud Boys' are going on trial over a violent 2018 clash with protesters - 2019-07-30
- Far-Right Proud Boys' Founder Called 'Hatemonger' - 2019-08-14
- FBI now classifies far-right Proud Boys as 'extremist group', documents say - 2018-11-19
- Hamilton is getting a reputation for hate, and critics say the city hasn't done enough to fight it - 2019-10-08
- Here are the extremist figures going to the White House social media summit - 2019-07-09
- Here's What Canada Can Learn From Hamilton, Ont.'s Far-Right Problem - 2019-07-13
- How a Right-Wing Troll Managed to Manipulate the Mainstream Media - 2019-09-03
- How Canada's far-right are using GoFundMe to fund their spread of hate - 2019-05-16
- How far-right extremists rebrand to evade Facebook's ban - 2019-05-10
- I fell down the rabbit hole of alt-right propaganda and this is what I learned - 2019-09-04
- I had a front-row seat to hate and was physically assaulted: The liberal-washing of white nationalism - 2019-04-01
- I had a front-row seat to hate and was physically assaulted: The liberal-washing of white nationalism - 2019-04-02
- Inside Rebel Media: How Ezra Levant built an extreme media juggernaut - 2017-08-18
- Intelligence report appeared to endorse view leftwing protesters were 'terrorists' - 2019-04-01
- PayPal Bans Anti-Muslim Fanatic Laura Loomer - 2019-02-05
- Policy Advisor For Trump-Tied 'America First' Group Praises Nazis: They Should've Kept 'Going' - 2018-05-10
- Proud Boy gets 40 weekends in jail for Republican Club brawl - 2019-07-11
- Proud Boys and Allies to Rally in D.C. to Capitalize on 'Trumpstravaganza' - 2019-07-02
- Proud Boys Lawyer Jason Lee Van Dyke Suspended By Texas Bar After Threats - 2019-02-21
- Proud Boys Leader Admits Their Rallies Are For Fighting And Wasting Money - 2019-08-22
- Proud Boys members convicted of assault for NYC brawl with Antifa - 2019-08-19
- Proud Boys Rally Rocked by Sex, Cocaine Allegations - 2019-07-05
- Proud Boys' D.C. Free-Speech Rally Goes Off With a Whimper - 2019-07-06
- Rebel Media praises new Conservative leader Andrew Scheer at 'pro-Trump' rally on Parliament Hill - 2017-06-05
- Rebel Media's Founding Director is Running the 2019 Conservative Election Campaign. That's Disturbing. - 2017-10-20
- Republicans Gone Wild? - 2018-03-29
- Republicans host founder of violent, far-right street brawler group - 2018-10-12
- Right-wing groups violently attack Hamilton Pride Parade - 2019-06-18
- The CANADALAND Guide To New Popular, Populist Political Media - 2019-01-06
- The far right is learning to mobilise and radicalise. Charlottesville is a wake-up call - 2017-08-14
- The neo-fascist proud boys organized a "free speech" rally in DC. It flopped. - 2019-07-06
- Trump's Social Media Summit Mortifies White House, Enrages Far-Right Allies - 2019-07-11
- Trump-Supporting Bigots to Target Upstate New York Muslims - 2017-07-14
- Two 'Star' Proud Boys Hit With Felony Assault Charges for Portland Attack - 2019-03-12
- What far-right violence? Ted Cruz wants to label antifa a terrorist group - 2019-07-23
- White farmers: how a far-right idea was planted in Donald Trump's mind - 2018-08-24
- White Nationalist Groups Banned By Facebook Are Still On The Platform - 2019-05-30
- White Nationalists, Alt-Right Personalities Plan Rally on Miami Yacht - 2019-09-16
- White nationalists, hate groups continue to evade Facebook ban - 2019-05-30
- Who are the Proud Boys, 'western chauvinists' involved in political violence? - 2018-07-14
- Why Canada's white supremacists want Doug Ford to win - 2018-05-24
- Why I'm Scared About What's Happening In Canada Right Now - 2019-02-14
- Why is Students in Support of Free Speech defending the Proud Boys? - 2017-07-26
- Will Andrew Scheer ruin Canada? - 2019-10-02