Scientific racism, sometimes referred to as race biology or race realism, is a pseudoscientific belief that empirical evidence exists to support or justify racism (racial discrimination), racial inferiority, racial superiority, and eugenics. Historically, scientific racism received credence throughout the scientific community, but it is no longer considered scientific.
- Scientific racism article from Wikipedia
- Weitz, Eric D. (2015-04-27) (in en). A Century of Genocide: Utopias of Race and Nation. Princeton University Press. ISBN 9781400866229. https://books.google.com/?id=29PyBQAAQBAJ&pg=PA355.
- Signer, Michael Alan (2000). Humanity at the Limit: The Impact of the Holocaust Experience on Jews and Christians. Indiana University Press. p. 202. ISBN 0253337399.
- "Ostensibly scientific": cf. Theodore M. Porter, Dorothy Ross (eds.) 2003.The Cambridge History of Science: Volume 7, The Modern Social Sciences Cambridge University Press, p. 293 "Race has long played a powerful popular role in explaining social and cultural traits, often in ostensibly scientific terms"; Adam Kuper, Jessica Kuper (eds.), The Social Science Encyclopedia (1996), "Racism", p. 716: "This [sc. scientific] racism entailed the use of 'scientific techniques', to sanction the belief in European and American racial Superiority"; Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Questions to Sociobiology (1998), "Race, theories of", p. 18: "Its exponents [sc. of scientific racism] tended to equate race with species and claimed that it constituted a scientific explanation of human history"; Terry Jay Ellingson, The myth of the noble savage (2001), 147ff. "In scientific racism, the racism was never very scientific; nor, it could at least be argued, was whatever met the qualifications of actual science ever very racist" (p. 151); Paul A. Erickson, Liam D. Murphy, A History of Anthropological Theory (2008), p. 152: "Scientific racism: Improper or incorrect science that actively or passively supports racism".
- Gould, Stephen Jay (1981). The Mismeasure of Man. New York: W W Norton and Co.. pp. 28–29. ISBN 978-0-393-01489-1. "Few tragedies can be more extensive than the stunting of life, few injustices deeper than the denial of an opportunity to strive or even to hope, by a limit imposed from without, but falsely identified as lying within."
- Template:Cite journal
- Racialism, RationalWiki.
- Institute for the Study of Academic Racism, Ferris State University.
- An Anarchist and Antifascist Guide to Debunking Racist Alt-Right Pseudoscience, It's Going Down.
This category has the following 20 subcategories, out of 20 total.
- ► American Renaissance (1 C, 33 P)
- ► Wickliffe Draper (2 P)
- ► Eugenics (4 P)
- ► Aurelio Jose Figueredo (1 P)
- ► Arthur Jensen (4 P)
- ► Richard Lynn (9 P)
- ► Philippe Rushton (5 P)
- ► The Bell Curve (19 P)
- ► Nicholas Wade (3 P)
Pages in category "Scientific racism"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.
- Sam Harris, Charles Murray, and the allure of race science - 2018-03-27
- So-called 'intellectuals' can't let go of "The Bell Curve" - 2018-04-02
- Stefan Molyneux mocked over desperate plea that he'll struggle to find a job - 2020-01-14
- Stephen Miller's Affinity for White Nationalism Revealed in Leaked Emails - 2019-11-12
- Stop Talking About Race and IQ. Take It From Someone Who Did. - 2018-04-27
- The Bell Curve Flattened - 1997-01-18
- The Bell Curve isn't about science, it's about policy. And it's wrong. - 2018-04-10
- The Real Problem with Charles Murray and "The Bell Curve" - 2017-04-12
- The return of race science - the quest to fortify racism with bad biology - 2019-11-15
- The Tainted Sources of 'The Bell Curve' - 1994-12-01
- The unwelcome revival of 'race science' - 2018-03-02
- This Obscure Foundation Helped Fund the Alt-Right - 2020-02-18
- Times Taps White Nationalist Organization for Thought-Provoking Perspective on Immigration - 2020-01-17