Vellayappa Ayyadurai Shiva|
December 2, 1963
Bombay, India (now Mumbai)
V. A. Shiva Ayyadurai (born Vellayappa Ayyadurai Shiva, December 2, 1963) is an Indian-born American scientist and entrepreneur. Ayyadurai is notable for his controversial claim to be the "inventor of email", based on the electronic mail software called "EMAIL" he wrote as a New Jersey high school student in the late 1970s. Initial reports that repeated Ayyadurai's assertion—from organizations such as The Washington Post and the Smithsonian Institution—were followed by public retractions. These corrections were triggered by objections from historians and ARPANET pioneers who pointed out that email was already actively used in the early 1970s.
- Shiva Ayyadurai article from Wikipedia
- "Statement from the National Museum of American History: Collection of Materials from V.A. Shiva Ayyadurai". National Museum of American History. February 23, 2012. http://americanhistory.si.edu/news/pressrelease.cfm?key=29&newskey=1465. Retrieved 19 February 2013. ""Exchanging messages through computer systems, what most people call 'email', predates the work of Ayyadurai.""
- Jackson, Joab. "Noam Chomsky disputes email history". Computerworld/IDGNS. http://www.computerworld.com/article/2503255/enterprise-applications/noam-chomsky-disputes-email-history.html.
- Kolawole, Emi (February 17, 2012). "Smithsonian acquires documents from inventor of 'EMAIL' program". Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-innovations/va-shivaayyadurai-inventor-of-e-mail-honored-by-smithsonian/2012/02/17/gIQA8gQhKR_story.html. Retrieved 11 June 2012. ""incorrectly referred to V.A. Shiva Ayyadurai as the inventor of electronic messaging""
- Mullin, Joe; Farivar, Cyrus. "History by lawsuit: After Gawker's demise, the 'inventor of e-mail' targets Techdirt" (in en-us). https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/06/shivas-war-one-mans-quest-to-convince-the-world-that-he-invented-e-mail/. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- Mike Masnick (May 11, 2016). "Guy Who Didn't Invent Email Sues Gawker For Pointing Out He Didn't Invent Email". TechDirt. https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20160511/10135934407/guy-who-didnt-invent-email-sues-gawker-pointing-out-he-didnt-invent-email.shtml. Retrieved March 3, 2017.
- Mullin, Joe; Cyrus Farivar (January 27, 2017). "Lawyer for "inventor of e-mail" sends threat letter over social media posts". Ars Technica. https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/01/lawyer-for-inventor-of-e-mail-sends-threat-letter-over-social-media-posts/. Retrieved May 23, 2018.
- Fact-checking hoaxes and conspiracies about the coronavirus, January 24, 2020, PolitiFact.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Shiva Ayyadurai"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.
- Hannity: Might 'Be True' That 'Deep State' Is Using Coronavirus to Hurt Economy - 2020-03-11
- History by lawsuit: After Gawker's demise, the "inventor of e-mail" targets Techdirt - 2017-06-13
- How The Guy Who Didn't Invent Email Got Memorialized In The Press & The Smithsonian As The Inventor Of Email - 2012-02-22
- Republican Senate hopeful Shiva Ayyadurai calls for firing of U.S. pandemic-control czar Dr. Anthony Fauci - 2020-04-05
- Ridiculous: Nick Denton Settles Remaining Charles Harder Lawsuits, Agrees To Delete Perfectly True Stories - 2016-11-02
- Right-Wing Influencers Are Convinced Dr. Anthony Fauci Is Working With Hillary Clinton To Undermine Donald Trump - 2020-03-25
- Self-Described 'Real Indian' Offers Abrasive Challenge to Elizabeth Warren - 2017-07-14
- Self-Proclaimed 'Inventor Of Email' Is Back With Another Defamation Lawsuit - 2017-01-06
- Shiva Ayyadurai's Senate Campaign Was Being Promoted By Fake Facebook Accounts - 2018-10-02
- Shiva Ayyadurai, Who Claims to Have Invented Email, Is Suing Another News Site - 2017-01-05
- Shiva Ayyadurai: Antivaxxer for Senate - 2019-10-25
- Steve Bannon's COVID Podcast Is Being Distributed by a Convicted Crook - 2020-06-22