Universal Medicine (UM) is an alternative medicine and self proclaimed religious organisation providing "esoteric healing" products, music, publications, workshops and courses. None of the healing modalities are evidence-based or have been proven effective by scientific research. It is headed by its founder Serge Benhayon, a former bankrupt tennis coach from Maroubra who has no medical qualifications. The organization is principally located in Goonellabah and Wollongbar, NSW, Australia. Its UK headquarters is known as "The Lighthouse" and is situated in Tytherington, near Frome, Somerset, England.
- Universal Medicine article from Wikipedia
- Newton, Kate (September 20, 2012). "'Cult' health group faces AHPRA inquiry". Australian Doctor (Sydney). http://www.australiandoctor.com.au/news/latest-news/cult-health-group-faces-ahpra-inquiry.
- Robertson, Josh (September 15, 2012). "'Esoteric healer' Serge Benhayon plans College of Universal Medicine in Goonellabah". The Courier Mail (Brisbane). http://couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/esoteric-healer-serge-benhayon-plans-college-of-universal-medicine-in-goonellabah/story-e6freoof-1226474375480. Retrieved December 22, 2014.
- Hansen, Jane (June 22, 2014). "New-age esoteric breast and ovary massage healer under investigation over alleged charity law violations". The Daily Telegraph (Sydney). http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/newage-esoteric-breast-and-ovary-massage-healer-under-investigation-over-alleged-charity-law-violations/story-fni0cx12-1226962513015?nk=6bd8683a5a2d7a396c4e41fbf8603e7b. Retrieved December 22, 2014.
- Parliament of N.S.W. (November 2014). "The Promotion of False and Misleading Health-Related Information and Practices". New South Wales Parliamentary Library. http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/Prod/parlment/committee.nsf/0/cd31bd4c3bffe83eca257d95007fda2b/$FILE/Final%20Report%20-%20The%20Promotion%20of%20False%20and%20Misleading%20Health-Related%20Information%20and%20Practices.pdf.
- Robertson, Josh; Walsh, Liam. (September 8, 2012). "New age 'medicine' of Serge Benhayon leaves trail of broken families". news.com.au (Australia). http://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/new-age-medicine-of-serge-benhayon-leaves-trail-of-broken-families/story-fndo4ckr-1226467645378.
- Aston, Heath (July 22, 2012). "'Cult' cures on Medicare". The Sydney Morning Herald (Australia). http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/cult-cures-on-medicare-20120721-22gsn.html.
- Universal Medicine, Cult Education Institute.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
Pages in category "Universal Medicine"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.