O'Keefe at the 2016 Conservative Political Action Conference.
James Edward O'Keefe III|
June 28, 1984
Bergen County, New Jersey, U.S.
|Residence||Westwood, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Education||B.A. in Philosophy (2006)|
|Alma mater||Rutgers University|
|Occupation||Conservative filmmaker and activist|
James Edward O'Keefe III is an American conservative political activist. He produces secretly recorded undercover audio and video encounters with figures and workers in academic, governmental and social service organizations, purporting to show abusive or allegedly illegal behavior by employees and/or representatives of those organizations. He has been criticized for selectively editing videos to misrepresent the context of conversations and the subjects' responses, creating the false impression that people said or did things they did not.
In 2010, James O'Keefe received a misdemeanor conviction for entering government property under false pretenses.
- James O'Keefe article from Wikipedia
- ↑ Rutenberg, Jim; Robertson, Campbell (January 30, 2010). "High Jinks to Handcuffs for Landrieu Provocateur". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/31/us/politics/31landrieu.html?pagewanted=all. Retrieved October 3, 2010.
- ↑ Weigel, David (October 19, 2016). "Two local Democratic operatives lose jobs after video sting on voter fraud". Chicago Tribune. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-video-sting-democratic-operatives-james-okeefe-20161019-story.html. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- ↑ Cassidy, John (October 19, 2016). "Debate Preview: Trump Looks Set to Rant to the Bitter End". The New Yorker. http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/debate-preview-trump-looks-set-to-rant-to-the-bitter-end. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- ↑ FUND, JOHN (September 21, 2009). "Acorn Who?" (in en-US). Wall Street Journal. https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970204488304574427041636360388. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- ↑ Andrew Breitbart and James O'Keefe Ruined Him, and Now He Gets $100,000. Friedersdorf, Conor. The Atlantic, March 8, 2013
- ↑ David Folkenflik, "Elements Of NPR Gotcha Video Taken Out Of Context", npr.org, March 14, 2011; accessed February 24, 2015.
- ↑ "The Twisty, Bent Truth of the NPR-Sting Video", time.com, March 13, 2011.
- ↑ Everything We Know About the Latest James O'Keefe Video Sting, Time, Philip Elliott, October 18, 2016
- ↑ Klepper, David (December 2, 2017). "NY queries Project Veritas over leader's past conviction". Associated Press. https://apnews.com/f8cfe574de204507a70249e5cf529c23. Retrieved August 24, 2020.
- James O'Keefe, SourceWatch.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► Joe Basel (1 P)
- ► Stan Dai (1 P)
- ► Robert Flanagan (1 P)
- ► Hannah Giles (6 P)
Pages in category "James O'Keefe"
The following 95 pages are in this category, out of 95 total.
- A handy list of people who should never be listened to again in matters of life or death - 2020-04-05
- ACORN filmmaker James O'Keefe sentenced in Sen. Mary Landrieu break-in - 2010-05-26
- ACORN Finally Cracks For Good - 2010-03-22
- Activist allegedly tried to bait protesters with 'kill cops' script - 2015-03-17
- Andrew Breitbart and James O'Keefe Ruined Him, and Now He Gets $100,000 - 2013-03-08
- Audio recording shows Pa. postal worker recanting ballot-tampering claim - 2020-11-12
- Charles Koch's "Uniter" Rebrand Strains Credulity After Funding Congressional Coup Supporters - 2021-02-11
- Clarence Thomas Is Moving Closer to the Trumpist Fringe. His Wife Ginni Is Already There. - 2018-04-10
- CNN Calls the Cops on Project Veritas' James O'Keefe for Crashing Company-Wide Phone Call - 2020-12-01
- Coming Up Short in Hunt for Voter Fraud, Desperate Republicans Try to Pay For Evidence - 2020-11-13
- Congrats to WaPo For Successfully Thwarting a Right Wing Ratfucking Attempt - 2017-11-27
- Conservative Facebook Investor Funded Anti-ACORN Videographer - 2009-09-22
- Here Are Some Of Project Veritas's Funders - 2017-11-29
- Here are the extremist figures going to the White House social media summit - 2019-07-09
- How Erik Prince Used the Rise of Trump to Make an Improbable Comeback - 2019-05-03
- How Kevin DeAnna Orchestrated the Alt-Right's Approach to Conservative Institutions - 2020-03-03
- In the Mueller Report, Erik Prince Funds a Covert Effort to Obtain Clinton's E-mails from a Foreign State - 2019-04-18
- Inside the Project Veritas Plan to Steal the Election - 2020-08-03
- Inside the right-wing lie factory: Secrets of a Koch-funded propaganda machine more insidious than Fox News - 2016-04-30
- Is Ginni Thomas a Threat to the Supreme Court? - 2022-01-20
- James O'Keefe Accidentally Stings Himself - 2016-05-30
- James O'Keefe advises 'don't get caught' after brush with law - 2012-06-19
- James O'Keefe Can't Get No Respect - 2018-05-01
- James O'Keefe Forgot to Tell Regulators About His Past Conviction. Now, Project Veritas May Be in Trouble. - 2017-12-06
- James O'Keefe Is Fighting His Insurance Company - 2017-11-08
- James O'Keefe Pays $100,000 To ACORN Employee He Smeared-Conservative Media Yawns - 2013-03-08
- James O'Keefe Pays $100K Settlement after Deceiving Public about ACORN (and ALEC Helped Take Down ACORN) - 2013-03-14
- James O'Keefe's Google 'Whistleblower' Loves QAnon, Accused 'Zionists' of Running the Government - 2019-08-14
- N Carolina woman sues Project Veritas, founder for libel - 2019-05-21
- New Project Veritas Dossier Compiles Photos of James O'Keefe's Known Associates - 2018-01-03
- New York Times: Erik Prince recruiting former spies to help with Project Veritas stings - 2020-03-07
- Newspaper uncovers fake sex story 'sting' - 2017-11-28
- Nurses in Trumpland struggle with 'Covid is a hoax' nonsense as their patients die - 2021-07-12
- NY queries Project Veritas over leader's past conviction - 2017-12-02
- Parler Is Now in the Hands of a Right-Wing Activist Seeking a Radical Rewrite of the Constitution - 2021-02-15
- People Tied to Project Veritas Scrutinized in Theft of Diary From Biden's Daughter - 2021-11-05
- President Trump's Favorite Meme Maker, Carpe Donktum, Was Briefly Suspended From Twitter Due To A Copyright Claim From Universal Music Group - 2019-10-14
- Project Veritas founder wants to sue Twitter for defamation over recent suspension - 2021-04-16
- Project Veritas received $1.7 million last year from charity associated with the Koch brothers - 2017-12-02
- Project Veritas Says It Got Scammed Out of $165,000 - 2021-09-14
- Project Veritas sues to overturn Oregon law against secret recording - 2020-08-25
- Project Veritas' YouTube sting was deeply misleading - and successful - 2019-06-27
- Project Veritas: how fake news prize went to rightwing group beloved by Trump - 2017-11-29
- Proud Boy Named in Feds' James O'Keefe Search Warrant - 2021-12-28
- Proud Boys, The GOP And 'The Fascist Creep' - 2018-10-18
- Provocateur James O'Keefe Has More Ambush Videos On Key Senate Races, He Tells Secretive GOP Donor Confab - 2018-10-18
- Rebel Media Correspondent Arrested For Disrupting Julius Caesar In Central Park - 2017-06-18
- Rebel Media Loses Another High-Profile Contributor - 2017-09-26
- Right-Wing Activist Accepts Award From Clarence Thomas's Wife at Trump Hotel - 2017-12-06
- Right-Wing Sting Group Project Veritas Is Breaking Facebook's "Authentic Behavior" Rule. Now What? - 2019-06-11
- Rogue Project Veritas Ex-Employee Claims to Reveal Names of Undercover Operatives - 2022-11-19
- Scam artist James O'Keefe is back with a CNN "exposé" - and Republicans just can't say no - 2017-06-29
- Sphere of Influence: How American Libertarians Are Remaking Latin American Politics - 2017-08-09
- Subject of Project Veritas voter fraud story says he was offered bribe - 2020-10-05
- Surprise, Surprise: Reports Debunk Viral Project Veritas Video About Harvesting Ballots - 2020-10-07
- Tampa Bay Republicans will host Project Veritas grifter Cary Poarch this month - 2020-01-08
- Tea Party Group Screams IRS Persecution, But Judge Ruled They Illegally Aided the GOP in 2012 - 2013-05-20
- The Conservative Dark-Money Groups Infiltrating Campus Politics - 2017-03-29
- The Cozy Relationship Between Project Veritas and the Proud Boys - 2020-09-30
- The group accused of trying to infiltrate The Washington Post is asking for donations in Utah - even though it's not allowed to - 2017-11-30
- The Voter-Fraud Myth - 2021-10-21
- This Latest Effort to Close Abortion Clinics Is the Strangest One Yet - 2013-08-19
- Time Inc. Buyer Helped Koch Brothers Airbrush Their Image Across the Internet - 2017-12-01
- Trump Foundation funding of James O'Keefe was twice as much as previously reported, per new filings - 2017-11-28
- Trump Is Having a Troll Party at the White House. Here's Who's Coming. - 2019-07-11
- Trump pushes government action against 'terrible bias' at social media summit - 2019-07-11
- Trump's Doral Hotel to Host a Confab of Anti-Vaxxers and Leading QAnon Champions - 2020-09-16
- Trump's social media summit was a circus. Its aftermath was even worse. - 2019-07-12
- Twitter Tried to Curb Abuse. Now It Has to Handle the Backlash - 2018-01-16