The Raëlian symbol with the swastika. (For the alternate version, see below.)
|Type||New religious movement, UFO religion|
|Claude Vorilhon ("Raël")|
Raëlism (also known as Raëlianism or the Raëlian movement) is a UFO religion that was founded in 1974 by Claude Vorilhon (b. 1946), now known as Raël. The Raëlian Movement teaches that life on Earth was scientifically created by a species of extraterrestrials, which they call the Elohim. Members of this species appeared human when having personal contacts with the descendants of the humans that they made. They purposefully misinformed early humanity that they were angels, cherubim, or gods. Raëlians believe that messengers, or prophets, of the Elohim include Buddha, Jesus, and others who informed humans of each era. The founder of Raëlism received the final message of the Elohim and that its purpose is to inform the world about Elohim and that if humans become aware and peaceful enough, they wish to be welcomed by them.
- Raëlism article from Wikipedia
- International Headquarters: Raelian Movement, Rael.org. Retrieved 20 October 2010.
- Nickerson, Colin, CANADIAN CULT SAYS FIRST HUMAN CLONE IS NEAR BIRTH, Boston Globe. 20 December 2002. Retrieved 21 March 2011. (highlight)
- Krishtalka, Leonard, Cloning Spawns Silliness, Lawrence Journal-World. 31 December 2002. Retrieved 21 March 2011. (highlight)
- Davis, James D., UFO-BASED FAITH PROMOTES CLONING MEMBERS BELIEVE CONSCIOUSNESS CAN BE TRANSFERRED TO CREATE ETERNAL LIFE., South Florida Sun-Sentinel. 9 August 2001. Retrieved 21 March 2011. (highlight)
- Norris, Michele, Analysis: Raelian origin and organization are discussed, National Public Radio. 27 November 2002.. Retrieved 21 March 2011. (highlight)
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Raelians"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.