Category:Unite the Right
The Unite the Right rally was a White supremacist and neo-Nazi rally that took place in Charlottesville, Virginia, from August 11 to 12, 2017. Protesters were members of the far-right and included self-identified members of the alt-right, neo-Confederates, neo-fascists, white nationalists, neo-Nazis, Klansmen, and various right-wing militias. The marchers chanted racist and antisemitic slogans and carried weapons, Nazi and neo-Nazi symbols, the Valknut, Confederate battle flags, Deus Vult crosses, flags, and other symbols of various past and present anti-Muslim and antisemitic groups. The organizers' stated goals included unifying the American white nationalist movement and opposing the proposed removal of the statue of General Robert E. Lee from Charlottesville's former Lee Park.
- Fortin, Jacey (August 13, 2017). "The Statue at the Center of Charlottesville's Storm" (in en-US). New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/13/us/charlottesville-rally-protest-statue.html. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- "Black man beaten during Charlottesville rally acquitted of assault". Fox News. March 17, 2018. https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-man-beaten-during-charlottesville-rally-acquitted-of-assault. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- Haag, Matthew (June 21, 2018). "'White Civil Rights Rally' Planned Near White House by Charlottesville Organizer". New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/21/us/jason-kessler-white-nationalist-rally.html. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- Lind, Dara (August 12, 2017). "Unite the Right, the violent white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, explained". Vox. Archived from the original on August 13, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170813150325/https://www.vox.com/2017/8/12/16138246/charlottesville-nazi-rally-right-uva.
- Thrush, Glenn; Haberman, Maggie (August 15, 2017). "Trump Gives White Supremacists an Unequivocal Boost". New York Times. Archived from the original on August 16, 2017. https://archive.today/20170816044744/https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/us/politics/trump-charlottesville-white-nationalists.html.
- Fausset, Richard; Feuer, Alan (August 13, 2017). "Far-Right Groups Surge Into National View In Charlottesville". New York Times. Archived from the original on August 16, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170816015808/https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/13/us/far-right-groups-blaze-into-national-view-in-charlottesville.html.
- "Charlottesville: One killed in violence over US far-right rally". BBC News. August 13, 2017. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40912509.
- Stapley, Garth (August 14, 2017). "'This is a huge victory.' Oakdale white supremacist revels after deadly Virginia clash". Modesto Bee. Archived from the original on August 15, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170815042856/http://www.modbee.com/news/article167213427.html. Retrieved August 17, 2017.
- Weill, Kelly (March 27, 2018). "Neo-Confederate League of the South Banned From Armed Protesting in Charlottesville". Daily Beast. https://www.thedailybeast.com/neo-confederate-league-of-the-south-banned-from-protesting-in-charlottesville. Retrieved August 12, 2018.
- Gunter, Joel (August 13, 2017). "A reckoning in Charlottesville". BBC News. https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-40914748. Retrieved September 20, 2018.
- Kelkar, Kamala (August 12, 2017). "Three dead after white nationalist rally in Charlottesville". PBS NewsHour. https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/state-emergency-charlottesville-va-fights-erupt-white-nationalist-rally. Retrieved June 24, 2018.
- Wootson, Cleve R. Jr. (August 13, 2017). "Here's what a neo-Nazi rally looks like in 2017 America". Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2017/08/13/heres-what-a-neo-nazi-rally-looks-like-in-2017-america/. Retrieved August 12, 2018.
- Park, Madison (August 12, 2017). "Why white nationalists are drawn to Charlottesville". CNN. https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/11/us/charlottesville-white-nationalists-rally-why/index.html. Retrieved February 13, 2019.
- "3 Militia Groups Connected to Unite the Right Rally Settle Lawsuits". WVIR-TV. May 16, 2018. https://www.nbc29.com/story/38204693/settlements-from-unite-the-right-05-16-2018. Retrieved August 12, 2018.
- "Deconstructing the symbols and slogans spotted in Charlottesville". The Washington Post. August 18, 2017. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/local/charlottesville-videos/. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- "Flags and Other Symbols Used By Far-Right Groups in Charlottesville". Southern Poverty Law Center. August 12, 2017. Archived from the original on August 13, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170813181324/https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/08/12/flags-and-other-symbols-used-far-right-groups-charlottesville.
- Feuer, Alan (August 14, 2017). "Far Right Plans Its Next Moves With a New Energy". New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/14/us/white-supremacists-right-wing-extremists-richard-spencer.html.
- Heim, Joe; Silverman, Ellie; Shapiro, T. Rees; Brown, Emma (August 13, 2017). "One dead as car strikes crowds amid protests of white nationalist gathering in Charlottesville; two police die in helicopter crash". Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/fights-in-advance-of-saturday-protest-in-charlottesville/2017/08/12/155fb636-7f13-11e7-83c7-5bd5460f0d7e_story.html.
- Green, Emma (August 15, 2017). "Why the Charlottesville Marchers Were Obsessed With Jews". The Atlantic. Archived from the original on August 17, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170817011443/https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/08/nazis-racism-charlottesville/536928/.
- Stolberg, Sheryl Gay; Rosenthal, Brian M. (August 12, 2017). "Man Charged After White Nationalist Rally in Charlottesville Ends in Deadly Violence". New York Times. Archived from the original on August 12, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170812215453/https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/12/us/charlottesville-protest-white-nationalist.html. Retrieved August 13, 2017.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Enrique Tarrio (30 P)
Pages in category "Unite the Right"
The following 163 pages are in this category, out of 163 total.
- 'Are They Not Legit?': Proud Boys Cash in on Trump Ties in Florida - 2020-10-03
- 'Nationalist rally' scheduled for September 14 on St. George campus - 2017-08-14
- 'That's just racist': Ezra Levant distances The Rebel from alt-right as contributors resign - 2017-08-16
- 'White Lives Matter' rallies flop as hardly anyone shows up - 2021-04-11
- A Former Alt-Right Member's Message: Get Out While You Still Can - 2019-05-02
- A Guide To Faith Goldy And How (Not) To Report On Her - 2018-09-26
- A Member Of The Far-Right Proud Boys Menaced A Twitter User On His Doorstep - 2018-05-25
- A Not-So-Brief History of Racism From Andrew Scheer's Conservative Party - 2018-08-10
- A Political Grid Humming with Hatred: Who Taps Its Energy? - 2019-04-29
- A Prominent American Hate Group Just Collapsed Because of an Affair - 2018-03-14
- Allegations of racism have marked Trump's presidency and become key issue as election nears - 2020-09-23
- Alt-right goes alt-lite: Turning Point and Students for Trump get makeovers on the way to Las Vegas and 2020 - 2019-08-04
- Alt-right in Montreal: The war against women - 2018-05-18
- Alt-Right: Maryland Teacher Gregory Conte Fired After Double Life as White Nationalist Exposed - 2018-01-08
- Andrew Scheer walks thin line on abortion and residential schools controversies - 2017-10-03
- Anti-Lockdown Rallies Are Providing an Opening for the Proud Boys and Other Far-Right Extremists - 2020-04-27
- Armed 'Volunteers' Defend White Supremacy in Charlottesville - 2020-07-20
- Canada Election 2019: Who is Andrew Scheer? - 2019-09-11
- Canada's new far right: A trove of private chat room messages reveals an extremist subculture - 2019-04-27
- Canadian neo-Nazi podcasters barred from United States - 2019-05-14
- Charlottesville Confederate Statue Defender Sues Paper, Prof, for Reporting His Family's Slaveholding History - 2019-09-14
- Charlottesville Jury Fines Man $1 for Punching White Nationalist - 2018-09-06
- Complaint to Police Filed Against Rebel Media, Conservative Campaign Chair Hamish Marshall - 2019-09-05
- Conservative Group Fires Michelle Malkin Over Support for Holocaust Denier - 2019-11-18
- Conservative leadership candidate Derek Sloan embraces Trump policy, attacks those fighting fascism - 2020-06-02
- Conservatives seek to stifle new 'alt-right' movement steeped in anti-Semitism - 2019-11-17
- CSIS sees 'significant' jump in far-right activity online - 2018-10-08
- Detroit police chief faces backlash over neo-Nazi protest at Pride event - 2019-06-14
- Devos-Funded Group Organizes Protest Against Michigan Governor's Stay-at-Home Order - 2020-04-17
- Donald Trump and his allies are trying to rewrite the history of Charlottesville - 2020-09-03
- Donald Trump, Jr, Kimberly Guilfoyle and Charlie Kirk Shouted Down by Conservatives at UCLA - 2019-11-11
- Doug Ford finally names white nationalist Faith Goldy in denouncing hate speech - 2018-09-26
- Doug Ford refuses to distance himself from far-right mayoral candidate - 2018-09-24
- Doug Ford refuses to distance himself from far-right Toronto mayoral candidate - 2018-09-24
- Doug Ford's History Of Flirting With the Alt-Right and White Nationalists - 2018-09-24
- Facebook Took Money From White Nationalist Candidate to Promote Neo-Nazi Podcast - 2018-12-19
- Facebook's Ban on Far-Left Pages Is an Extension of Trump Propaganda - 2020-08-20
- Far-right agitators roil the conservative movement on college campuses in battle to define Trumpism - 2019-11-17
- Far-Right Extremists Helped Create The World's Most Powerful Facial Recognition Technology - 2020-04-07
- Far-right skinheads join Proud Boys in assaulting protesters in New York City following Gavin McInnes event - 2018-10-14
- Fox News Host Greg Gutfeld Pulls a 180 on Trump's 'Very Fine People' in Charlottesville, Now Calls It a 'Hoax' - 2020-08-28
- George Soros is not a Nazi, explained - 2018-06-11
- Gleeful neo-Nazis see echoes of the 1930s as America plunges into a coronavirus crisis - 2020-03-24
- GOP Politicians and Conservative Groups Set the Stage for Attempted Kidnapping of Michigan Governor - 2020-10-21
- Greg Conte, a key Richard Spencer ally, walks away from multiple alt-right operations - 2018-08-15
- Hard Times Comin' Through: Gavin McInnes and the Charlottesville "Racism War" - 2017-08-22
- He Founded 'Students for Trump.' Now He Could Face Jail Time for Impersonating a Lawyer - 2019-05-09
- He says he works security for Maxime Bernier. He's also listed as a founding member of a party promoting white nationalism - 2019-10-09
- Henrico prosecutor: Hanover man who drove into protest is admitted KKK leader - 2020-06-08
- Here are the extremist figures going to the White House social media summit - 2019-07-09
- High-profile white supremacist forced out of anti-war rally by Pittsburgh protesters - 2020-01-06
- How Antifa Became The Bogeyman Of George Floyd Protests - 2020-06-09
- How Canada's far-right are using GoFundMe to fund their spread of hate - 2019-05-16
- How far-right extremists rebrand to evade Facebook's ban - 2019-05-10
- How Jack Posobiec Became the King of Fake News - 2017-09-17
- How Kevin DeAnna Orchestrated the Alt-Right's Approach to Conservative Institutions - 2020-03-03
- How The Rebel Infiltrated Postmedia and Conquered Canada's Largest Newspaper Chain - 2019-09-09
- How to displace the great replacement - 2019-10-28
- Humbled Proud Boy: Attorney Jason Lee Van Dyke Claims an Internet 'Stalker' Is Ruining His Life - 2019-04-17
- Jack Posobiec's Rise Tied to White Supremacist Movement - 2020-07-09
- Jacob Wohl, the Trump internet activist cashing in on conspiracy theories, explained - 2019-04-30
- Jagmeet Singh coverage an extreme double standard on extremism - 2018-03-21
- Jason Kenney takes the words right out of Ezra Levant's mouth - 2019-09-17
- Joy Behar: It's 'Good News' That White Nationalists Are Turning on Trump Over Soleimani - 2020-01-08
- Leak from neo-Nazi site could identify hundreds of extremists worldwide - 2019-11-07
- Leaked audio allegedly depicts racist tirade by Nazi media darling Richard Spencer - 2019-11-04
- Leaked Chats Show Racism, Anti-Semitism, and Homophobia in ASU Republican Group - 2019-03-22
- Leaked chats show white nationalist group's plot to infiltrate Turning Point USA - 2019-03-11
- Leaked Emails Show How White Nationalists Have Infiltrated Conservative Media - 2019-08-29
- Less Than a Year After Charlottesville, the Alt-Right Is Self-Destructing - 2018-03-29
- Libertarian 2020 candidate appears on podcast tied to 'boogaloo' movement - 2020-07-06
- Libertarian Party Rebuffs Mises Uprising - 2018-07-04
- Lindsey Graham photographed with leader of white nationalist group Proud Boys - 2020-10-02
- Mainstream media needs to stop platforming Ezra Levant - 2019-09-18
- Meeting the Michigan Militia: 'There's no middle ground anymore' - 2019-04-01
- Members of violent white supremacist website exposed in massive data dump - 2019-11-08
- Men wearing Hawaiian shirts and carrying guns add a volatile new element to protests - 2020-06-03
- Minds, the 'Anti-Facebook,' Has No Idea What to Do About All the Neo-Nazis - 2019-05-28
- Nation's Biggest Charity Is Funding Influential White Nationalist Group - 2019-11-22
- NBC just dangerously normalized the misogynistic, "alt-right"-associated society "Proud Boys" - 2017-11-06
- Neo-Confederate Group Moves Ahead with Conference Amid Covid-19 Outbreak - 2020-03-30
- Neo-Fascist Proud Boys Exult Over Trump Telling Them to "Stand By," Not Stand Down - 2020-09-30
- Neo-Nazi Group Implodes Over Love Triangle Turned Trailer Brawl - 2018-03-14
- New Proud Boys Arrests Highlight Far-Right Gang's Ties To Fascist Groups - 2018-10-22
- New QAnon-Allied GOP Senate Candidate Also Pushed Anti-Semitism, Flat Earthism, and 9/11 Conspiracies - 2020-09-16
- Noted Racist Richard Spencer Apparently Yelled Racist Slurs After Racist Rally - 2019-11-04
- Policy Advisor For Trump-Tied 'America First' Group Praises Nazis: They Should've Kept 'Going' - 2018-05-10
- Project Veritas' YouTube sting was deeply misleading - and successful - 2019-06-27
- Protesters across US attacked by cars driven into crowds and men with guns - 2020-06-09
- Proud Boys Leader and Roger Stone Fanboy Is Running for Congress - 2019-11-04
- Republicans host founder of violent, far-right street brawler group - 2018-10-12
- Revealed: Republican lawmaker aided group training young men for 'biblical warfare' - 2019-08-14
- Richard Spencer returns to Charlottesville in tiki rally - 2017-10-08
- Richard Spencer's first post-Charlottesville speech will cost $500K - 2017-10-06
- Right-wing extremist groups and hate crimes are growing in Canada - 2019-07-13
- Robert Mercer Bankrolled PAC Advised By Notorious Fringe 'Philosopher' Ali Alexander - 2018-10-30
- Ryan says conservatives must 'fight back' against the alt-right - 2018-07-19
- So, Uh, Why Is Richard Spencer Still on Twitter? - 2019-11-04
- Someone reported this teacher's white supremacist activities - and got him fired - 2018-01-08
- South Florida Proud Boy Named in Roger Stone Case Has Ties to Turning Point USA - 2019-02-25
- Stanley Kubrick's Daughter Is a Far-Right Proud Boys and QAnon Fanatic - 2021-02-17
- Stay to play: Inside the sordid history of Trump's DC hotel - 2020-08-27
- Stephen Harper at Bohemian Grove? Hacked email says ex-leader visited shadowy GOP summer camp - 2016-09-16
- Stephen Miller Shared a Lot of White Nationalist Material With Breitbart During the 2016 Election - 2019-11-12
- Stephen Miller's Affinity for White Nationalism Revealed in Leaked Emails - 2019-11-12
- The Alt-Right Is a Subculture Without a Culture - 2018-04-02
- The Alt-Right's Love Affair with Trump Is Over. Here's Why. - 2019-07-09
- The chairman of the far-right Proud Boys sat behind Trump at his latest speech - 2019-02-19
- The Conservatives Said Trudeau Had Drinks With Faith Goldy & Got Fact Checked (VIDEO) - 2019-09-18
- The Daily Caller has a White Nationalist problem - 2017-08-21
- The Daily Caller has been paid by GOP campaigns while providing fact-checking services for Facebook - 2020-08-04
- The data scientist exposing US white supremacists: 'This is how you fight Nazis' - 2020-10-02
- The Dirty Business of Hosting Hate Online - 2019-07-11
- The extremist philosophy that's more violent than the alt-right and growing in popularity - 2019-11-11
- The fall of the "alt-right" came from anti-fascism - 2018-04-15
- The Post-Election Proud Boys Meltdown Is Here, and It's Ugly - 2020-11-11
- The Rebel exodus suggests just one 'ism' separates far right from alt-right hate - 2017-08-16
- The seeds of the alt-right, America's emergent right-wing populist movement - 2016-11-23
- There's a Very Real Potential for Violence at Saturday's MAGA Events in DC, Say Extremism-Watchers - 2020-11-12
- This Guy Is Trying To Lead The White Nationalist Movement In Canada - 2017-11-29
- Three men charged after protesters shot at following Richard Spencer speech - 2017-10-21
- To Doxx a Racist - 2018-07-26
- Trump 'fear-mongering' fuels rise of U.S. hate groups to record: watchdog - 2019-02-20
- Trump breaks with his own guidelines to back conservative anti-quarantine protesters - 2020-04-17
- Trump Defends Trudeau Meeting After Insult From Ezra Levant - 2019-08-26
- Trump labels white supremacist group terrorists - 2020-04-06
- Trump's Culture Warriors Go Home - 2018-10-29
- Trump's record on white nationalism under new scrutiny after synagogue shooting - 2019-04-28
- Trump's Very Normal Saturday Amplifying the Far-Right Blogger Shunned by Conservatives - 2020-05-16
- Tucker Carlson Poses With 'Hate Group' Members in Fox Green Room - 2018-05-18
- Turning Point USA Blurs the Line Between Charity and Pro-Trump Political Group - 2019-10-07
- Twitter Has Started Its 'Purge' Of Nazi Accounts - 2017-12-18
- Twitter Ignored This Russia-Controlled Account During The Election. Team Trump Did Not. - 2017-11-01
- Watch VICE News Tonight's full episode "Charlottesville: Race and Terror" - 2017-08-21
- What Do You Do When Neo-Nazis Crash Your Anti-War Rally? - 2020-01-09
- What far-right violence? Ted Cruz wants to label antifa a terrorist group - 2019-07-23
- When Nazis Took Manhattan - 2019-02-20
- When white nationalists chant their weird slogans, what do they mean? - 2017-10-10
- Where Running Over Protesters Could Become Legal - 2020-09-23
- White Nationalist Groups Banned By Facebook Are Still On The Platform - 2019-05-30
- White Nationalist Richard Spencer Can't Afford To Pay Legal Fees In 'Unite The Right' Case HuffPost - 2020-06-11
- White Nationalist Richard Spencer Reportedly Spews Hate on Leaked Audio - 2019-11-07
- White nationalists, hate groups continue to evade Facebook ban - 2019-05-30
- White supremacist Richard Spencer makes racist slurs on tape leaked by rival - 2019-11-04
- White supremacists and conspiracy theorists are out of the shadows and running for office - 2018-10-30
- White Supremacists Have Pleaded Guilty To Inciting Charlottesville Riots - 2019-05-03
- Who Gave Neo-Nazi Publisher Andrew Anglin A Large Bitcoin Donation After Charlottesville? - 2019-06-12
- Why alt-right trolls shouted down Donald Trump Jr. - 2019-11-11
- Why Racists (and Liberals!) Keep Writing for Quillette - 2019-12-05