Open main menu

UmbraXenu β

Doug Ford OKs safe injection sites in Ontario but rebrands them - 2018-10-22

F0.png Doug Ford OKs safe injection sites in Ontario but rebrands them October 22, 2018, Steven Zhou, Vice News

Premier Doug Ford has previously expressed his disapproval of such sites, but also said he'd listen to experts.

There are 19 active overdose prevention sites across Ontario right now functioning under the older "Supervised Consumption Services and Overdose Prevention Site" model. The PC government's new system comes on the heels of a province-wide review initiated this past July. No more than 21 sites will be allowed under the new regime.

Minister of Health and Long-Term Care Christine Elliot says that the point is to go beyond prevention and actually rid people of their addiction, be it opioids or any other substances.

Wikipedia cite:
{{cite news | first = Steven | last = Zhou | title = Doug Ford OKs safe injection sites in Ontario but rebrands them | url = https://news.vice.com/en_ca/article/598848/doug-ford-oks-safe-injection-sites-in-ontario-but-rebrands-them | work = Vice News | date = October 22, 2018 | accessdate = May 1, 2019 }}